We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Unity Games Developer to support the team implementing 3D midcore cross-platform strategy games. You would be laying the foundation of tech used on potential multiple future games, and get to start on a project from the very beginning. You would be working with a small team on various areas of 3D games development so a general knowledge of the Unity engine is required, and experimental practice of the latest engine features are extremely beneficial.
The games you will be working on are real-time multiplayer grand strategy games with unique social and tactical elements. The development experience promotes ingenuity, collaboration and an affinity towards solving interesting but difficult problems for game features unique to the genre. You will be working with other senior and talented members of the industry to create a high standard foundation for more game teams to expand Bytro's products.
- Contribute to a large-scale long-running project based on modern architecture principles.
- Work directly with designers, artists and product owners to design and implement RTS and player features.
- Working directly with data oriented gameplay, graphics pipeline, and RTS-like features.
- Help optimize production workflows for designers and artists.
- Undertake performance profiling and optimization especially in areas of game content.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Independent and productive communication with your team lead, colleagues and other teams to ensure a smooth daily workflow
What we offer
- Experience with large scale Unity projects.
- B.Sc. /M.Sc. degree in computer science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years 3D games development experience
- Advanced knowledge of the Unity games engine
- Solid debugging and optimization skills
- Solid understanding of the graphics pipeline
- Very good analytical skills and the motivation to constantly improve and learn
- Enjoying interdisciplinary teamwork, thinking outside the box and constantly learning new things
- Familiarity with agile software development and scrum-based working environments or the wish to work with them
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
We are committed to creating the best work environment possible and are not afraid to try out different initiatives, the most recent one being our 4-day work week. Starting October 2022 all Bytronians can enjoy the flexibility of having one additional day off, increasing the productivity level by improving our work-life balance.
About us "Connect and Challenge Players. Anytime. Anywhere."
- Exchange of knowledge and close cooperation with competent colleagues in a highly motivated international team
- Short decision-making processes and a professional work environment
- You take responsibility in a fast-growing company
- Attractive location in Downtown Hamburg
- Flexible remote work solutions
- Family-friendly working hours with a great work-life Balance
- Personal development support with internal and external training
- Regular team and company events and creative breaks
- Individual language courses German and English
- Subsidized public transportation ticket
At Bytro we strive to develop high-quality strategy games and make them accessible for all players around the world. In our eyes game development is a promise for fun and entertainment - that's what we live and aim for!
As part of the Swedish Stillfront group, we create grand strategy games that are played by over 15 million players in 150 countries and 13 languages all over the world. Our office is located in Hamburg's world-famous St. Pauli district, with a stunning 360° view of the harbor and the Elbe river and easy access to public transport.
Our staff is multicultural and international. We have flat hierarchies, open communication culture, and support the autonomous work of our agile working teams. We believe in efficient work where each of our employees contributes to the success of our games. Learn more about Bytro and watch our most recent company clip:To enhance our great team we are looking for you! #LI-Remote