With your passion for games, you will work in highly motivated, and interdisciplinary production teams. As a generalist, you enjoy ensuring the performance of the frontend graphics and runtime as well as collaborating with the artists & designers to bring gameplay features into our games. With your expertise, you will create an awesome gaming experience for our players.
Are you a master at finding creative solutions to complex challenges while keeping a clear head and providing good oversight?
Are you a go-getter with a solution-oriented mindset?
Do you have a sweet spot that makes everything run smoothly?
We have exactly what you are looking for!
- Participate in all aspects of game development from planning to creating and optimization game modules and documentation of the frontend and backend
- Define technical requirements and restrictions for tasks and architectural choices by working closely with other departments
- Offer exceptional analysis and problem-solving skills for technical problems by prioritizing and eliminating obstacles to boost confidence in a deadline-oriented environment
- Collect and incorporate stakeholder requirements in advance, for example related to technology and methodology
- Mentor the development team with expertise in system design, programming, and optimization to ensure production-ready, high-quality code that can be easily maintained and shared
- Endorse a knowledge sharing and collaboration mindset with frequent code reviews, pair-programming sessions and exchange meetings.
Why you will love working at BIGPOINT...
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or an equivalent training as an IT specialist
- 5+ years of professional experience developing video games using Unity and Java
- Extensive knowledge in C# Unity as well as backend programming with Java
- Profound experience in software architecture, design patterns, optimization and unit testing
- Strong problem analysis skills with the ability to find simple, robust and efficient solutions for complex problems
- Broad hands-on experience analyzing and optimizing runtime and rendering performance as well as resource consumption
- Team player who enjoys working with other departments on shared goals with a passion for games
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Entertain millions of players with high-quality games, disrupt the markets with new multiplayer ideas in multiple different genres and tech projects
- Matrix structure that offers the possibility to work on multiple projects with a lean hierarchy for fast decision-making
- Work-Life Benefits fully remote from around Germany, flexible working hours, 30 days of vacation
- Visa & Relocation Support
- Wellbeing Benefits attractive rates for a gym membership in cooperation with QUALITRAIN
- Mental Health Benefits anonymous employee counselling at Fürstenberg Institute
- Activity Package regular team events, hackathons, and company events
- Education Package yearly education budget for every employee
Any questions? Feel free to take a look at our FAQ!For direct application: please send only completed application (CV, Cover Letter, References) to firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to the job reference number.