Crytek is looking for an experienced Web Designer to join CRYENGINE Web department .
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
Back to all jobs Share
- Improve product quality by designing UX/UI solutions that incorporate best practices.
- Contribute accessible UI components, patterns, and documentation for the CRYENGINE Design Language System.
- Work alongside CRYENGINE web engineering team to shape the UX/UI of their tools.
- Review prototypes, mockups and designs with the CRYENGINE team.
- Work with, maintain and expand the design system, patterns, etc. of our web platform and apply it to new and existing tools.
- Establish a strong communication flow and knowledge exchange.
- 4+ years experience with game engines or similar software, and an understanding of the complexity that comes with their development.
- Excels in an iterative work environment.
- Strong understanding of hierarchy, layout, typography, color theory, grid systems, and UI patterns.
- Experience designing across multiple platorms such as Android, iOS, Desktop and mobile web.
- Fluent in design tools (Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, etc.)..
- A flexible and collaborative mindset, and an enthusiasm for actively seeking out information and opinions.
- An independent, pro-active and empathetic work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills.
- Ability to understand, give feedback and resolve product issues and experienced with project management tools (JIRA, Airtable).
What you can expect from us Home Office
- Strong visual design and presentation skills.
- Basic knowledge of web technologies and modern web frameworks (HTML, CSS, JS, React, Vue, Svelte).
- Deliver interactive prototypes of design concepts.
- Graduate of a design focused degree.
- You understand the visual identity and design language of CRYENGINE platform.
- You have a strong commitment to quality.
- Experience with 3D or motion graphic tools.
Work-life balance is not just a hollow term for us. At Crytek, we offer you the option to either work from home or in our studio. Career Path
Your professional development is important to us, so we have laid out a career plan to help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Company Apartment
To help you get settled, we provide you with a fully furnished company apartment during your first three months in Frankfurt.* Relocation Support
We offer a relocation budget and full coverage of flights to Frankfurt for you and your family.
You can expect extensive assistance with visa, work permits, and communication with authorities during the relocation process, as well as help settling into Germany (e.g. setting up appointments with banks, government agencies, schools, landlords, finding apartments etc.).* Public Transport Pass
Discover Frankfurt by bus, tram and metro - free of charge.* Gym Card
A healthy body is a healthy mind. We offer a membership at the premium gym chain Fitness First in Germany. Work out, join group fitness classes, or relax in the wellness facilities.International Environment
We truly embody diversity at Crytek. With employees from over 42 different countries, we define ourselves by our cultural diversity. German Classes
Understanding the local culture will make your stay abroad more enjoyable, and Crytek supports that by offering German language courses for you and your family. Vacation Days
At our Frankfurt office you can enjoy 24 days of vacation per year, and every 2 years you get 1 more (up to a maximum of 28 days). You will also have on average 10 public holidays on top of the days you take off. If you are working from another country, local standards apply.
*only applicable to employees in Frankfurt.