This studio is home to a team of digital dreamers based in the leafy destination of Guildford! They are currently seeking an experienced Unity UI & Gameplay Engineer to join their growing team!
This studio was founded back in 2016 by a trio of developers who met whilst working on the Fable franchise at Lionhead Studios. They have since been working on titles with the likes of Oculus and Sony, and are now focused on a new PC and next-gen console title in the Strategy / Management genre. It's backed by a major publisher, which will present an exciting challenge for any UI / Gameplay Coder.
Working closely with creative leads and the UI/UX team, you will be responsible for rapidly bringing wireframes into the engine. You'll be iterating with the team to achieve high quality UIs, and excellent user experience. This is an amazing opportunity to be involved in the early phases of development of a major title based on a much loved IP.
This is a role for an engineer with a passion for slick and fun gameplay, with the ability to iterate and prototype rapidly. You'll also need to be able fine tune and polish the end product once the final destination has been decided.
The day-to-day tasks you'll be involved in include:
- Work closely with the design, UI and UX team to understand requirements and own the implementation process
- Rapidly build wireframes in Unity with a view to validate design and UX assumptions, or “fail fast” where appropriate
- Work with UI/UX to rapidly iterate on feedback from playtesting and the design team
- Support UI/UX to elevate the player experience.
- Work with the design team to flesh out elements and build upon relevant strategies for implementation with a focus on not compromising performance or legibility
- Sit in on playtests and actively participate in insightful analysis of the players’ experience of the UX
- When wireframes have been proven and signed off for full production, plan and architect the process of bringing them to their final state
- Design for robustness, extensibility and openly
- Participate in the development of any backend gameplay systems that interface with your UIs
- Work closely with the design and content creation teams to fine tune, QA, polish, balance, and add final adjustments
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- Confident with Unity and its multitude of features (strong focus on UI a big bonus, but also animation, input, effects, graphics, physics, sound, AI etc)
- Demonstrable ability to rapidly turn specifications into simple playable prototypes
- 3-5 years of industry experience and 2+ released titles
- An understanding and passion for gameplay, design, UX and optimising the “end user experience”
- Strong C# / C++ skills
- Ability to write clean, performant, elegant, readable, extendable, and well commented code
- Excellent work ethic, communication skills, and experience working effectively in a small agile team
BONUS POINTS will be awarded for the following:
- Having previously worked on UI / gameplay on a Strategy / Management game, or a digital CCG title
- Deep interest in UX and knowledge of theoretical principles and best practices
- Love of games both digital and physical
- Happy to work autonomously and assume large areas of responsibility
The studio are offering you:
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working
- Company shared books and games library
- Access to ½ price cinema tickets
- Up to 5% off at supermarkets and many other discounts at high-street, and online brands
Interested in learning more?
Get in touch!