Based on level of experience.
Programming and Development
Permanent | Full Time
Based in Wilmslow, my clients main UK studio is a vibrant team of over 250 people working in a relaxed and collegiate atmosphere side-by-side with their sister studios in the UK and USA. Benefits of joining them include flexible working hours, pool table and arcade games in the kitchens and a casual dress-code. There are various sports and social groups, unsurprisingly including gaming both table-top and interactive.
My client is looking for a tools programmer to work with the Tools Team to develop and support a wide variety of tools to make life easier for their talented developers. Working closely with Designers, Artists, Engineers, QA and Production, the team delivers tools and systems for automated testing, process support, data management, team coordination and more. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, self-starting Tools Programmer to join them.
- Work closely with users to define their needs and refine requirements
- Design, create, document, maintain, and improve tools for all disciplines
- Provide support for all disciplines in the use of the tools
- Work to continuously improve user experience, capabilities and performance
- Investigate and evaluate third-party tools, libraries and frameworks
- Propose new tools and functionality to improve team effectiveness and quality of life
- Strong C# programming skills
- Knowledge of WPF and MVVM architecture
- Passion for creating a great UX
- Capably support users, solving their individual issues
- Work well in a co-operative team environment, across multiple studios and time zones
- Excellent problem solving and code optimization skills
- Ability to work on shared and legacy code-bases
- Strong English verbal and written skills
International travel may be required as part of the role
- C++ / Qt
- Database design
- Database access (SQL & NoSQL)
- Agile development
- Experience of integrating with systems with Jira, Shotgun, Perforce, Smart Bear Collaborator
Keep Calm and waka waka...