At Electric Square, the worlds we create are crucial to our games and providing a fantastic experience for our players. The past year has seen our first full releases in Hot Wheels id and Forza Street , with other exciting top-secret projects currently in development and even more about to kick start! Our 4 studios, 150 staff, 5 world-class projects (and our studio dogs!) offer an award-winning culture, focused on making staff feel empowered and inspired.
Electric Square has a rating of 4.8 out of 5 for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor and is included on GI.Biz's 'Best Places to Work in the Games Industry' list.
We're growing a lot and now searching for a new Studio Assistant to join the family! In this role you will coordinate studio administration and procedures to ensure organisational effectiveness, efficiency and safety. You would report in to the People and Culture Manager, supporting them with HR-related tasks, while ensuring that our studios are a warm and welcoming environment for employees and guests. If you're someone that enjoys interacting with other people and enjoys managing multiple varied and diverse projects, we'd love to hear from you!
What you will be doing
Your HR Admin responsibilities would include
- You will be responsible for office manager duties, including maintenance, mailing, shopping, supplies, equipment, bills, and errands.
- Act as a social hub to make staff feel comfortable and connected in the studio.
- Assist with upcoming studio migration to our world-class new space, supporting internal office reorganisation.
- Working in our brand new open plan studio in Central Brighton, ensure our studios are clean, tidy, and generally lovely places to be!
- Book Director travel/accommodation requirements.
- Get involved with charity fundraising events, helping organise and communicate to the studio.
- Assist Directors with input of monthly expenses using online banking systems.
- Price negotiations with office vendors and service providers.
- Creating, organising and encouraging people to attend company social events.
- Populating Excel reports for studio expenses.
- Manage and book flights and accommodation for staff and interviewees.
- Ensure visitors can access the studios and enjoy their time with us.
- Supporting colleagues with administrative tasks, particularly the Core Services team.
Requirements Things we'd love to see from you
- Updating internal databases (e.g. record sickness/updating lines managers etc.)
- Maintainence of records for employee benefits
- Preparation HR Documents - employment contracts and amendments, reference request etc
- Administering the onboarding period, ensuring managers are prompt to carry out end of onboarding meeting. Provide assistance with documentation
- Answering employees queries about HR-related issues
- A warm and caring nature with a positive attitude.
- Proven work experience as an HR Administrator.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
When you join Electric Square, you can expect to enjoy a unique culture. Whether its participating and relaxing with one of our wellness benefits or discussing the latest games over lunch cooked one of Brighton's incredible pop-up diners. The Studio knows that it's the best people that make the best games and this is what Electric Square invests in. Below you will find all the benefits and perks you can enjoy as an Electric Square team member. Holidays - 23 days' annual leave entitlement including studio closure over the Christmas period plus all UK bank holidays Bonus Anniversary Holidays - An additional day of annual leave for each year's anniversary working at Electric Square, up to a maximum of 30 days of annual leave entitlement. Generous Team Project Bonuses Annual Pay Review Company Pension Scheme - Employer contribution matching award winning pension scheme provided by NEST under the UK governments automatic enrolment scheme. Private Medical Insurance Scheme - Full private medical cover provided by AXA PPP Private Healthcare. Group Income Protection Health and Well-being Allowance - £50 per month to spend on your choice of a range of healthy activities, ranging from going to the gym, rock climbing, yoga and a lovely massage. It's on us! Group Life Insurance Private Dental Insurance Scheme - Full private dental cover provided under our dental plan company scheme. Tech Scheme - Over 5,000 products available from to buy over 12 or 24 month payment terms, saving up to 12% on National Insurance. Cycle to Work Scheme - Salary sacrifice cycle purchase scheme with tax savings through Evans Cycles. Free Fresh Home Cooked Electric Square Monthly Friday Lunch - Monthly Friday lunches bought to us by one of many amazing local pop-up diners - all local and organic, meat and vegan recipes. A wonderful way to catch up with everyone on a Friday over a beer or a bottle of Kombucha! Eye-care Vouchers - Free eye tests. Train Travel Season Ticket Loan - Interest free company loan to spread the cost of an annual season ticket. Perks
- Free Awesome Swag - Sleek Electric Square T-shirts and merch, with the iconic Electra symbol emblazoned on the front. New ranges out every season!
- Extensive Video Game & Book Library - Borrow a game, a book or even a whole console.
- Free locally roasted Coffee & Speciality Teas
- Free Cereal Bar - Extensive granola, muesli and breakfast cereal selections.
- Fresh Fruit & Healthy Snacks - Provided every day, with a suggestion board for new treats.
- Pastries, Cakes & Doughnuts - For the odd naughty pleasure.
- Soft Drinks Fridge - A large range of free chilled soft drinks.
- Electra's Beer & Wine Fridge - Free beers, ales and wine and even the odd gin and tonic. Grab a beer at our end of week Show and Tell sessions and see what everybody else in the company has been up to.
- In-house Social Clubs - There are lots of ways to socialise with your colleagues here! From day one you're invited to join in clubs for D&D fans, board games, bouldering, drawing nights, yoga, cooking club - the list goes on and there is always space open for new members!
- Two studios in the heart of Brighton - Electric Square South is right next to the Royal Pavilion in an imposing 1933 building originally called Electric House, Electric Square North is in a contemporary space on the other side of the Royal Pavilion.
- Dogs with Jobs - Electric Square is a dog friendly employer. Bring doggo into the studio to meet and hang out with the rest of the team any time!
- Personal Trainer Sessions - Free gym sessions with our own Electric Square personal trainer.
- Project Wrap Parties, Cinema Nights & Team Nights Out - We work hard together so it's good to let off steam and spend some time together seeing what the wonderful city of Brighton & Hove has to offer.
- Summer Festival - Every year on a hot summer's afternoon, we all leave work early to enjoy the sun with company organised pop-up diner, cocktail shack, bouncy castle, face painting and other fun amenities. The whole family is invited to spend the day coming to socialise with us, on us :)
- Exhibitions & Days Out - If there is an event happening of interest to us, we'll happily spread the word, pick up the bill and see if any Electrons are up for going - we're keen to get everyone out seeing what's going on.