Our client is seeking a dedicated Software Development Engineer in Test to work closely with their QA department, developing test tools and automation solutions to help ensure their products meet and exceed performance expectations. They are looking for a programmer who is interested in test automation, improving processes and software quality, who is most importantly also passionate about games.
When you wake up in a morning, you'll be looking forward to...
- Develop and improve test automation solutions for the QA department
- Test for engine correctness (eg. make sure rendering test scenes don’t change from one day to the next)
- Tools programming, maintaining existing tools written in C++ and writing new ones
- Create high quality, flexible, maintainable code
- Analyse, communicate and interpret script results
- Improve continuous integration processes (eg. improving the use of CruiseControl.net and Jenkins)
- Research new tools, techniques and processes and how they can benefit the studio.
The skills you'll need are...
- Good practical C++ knowledge
- Excellent use of continuous integration platforms such as Jenkins
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills under pressure
- Knowledge of scripting languages (eg Perl, Lua, Python) would be useful
- Any knowledge of C# and tools development or using Perforce, Mantis or JIRA would be an advantage
- Any understanding of games development processes would also be beneficial
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation and organisational skills, able to collaborate productively within larger multi-disciplined project team environments, communicating ideas and issues clearly
- Great team-work and the ability to accept and follow direction
- A genuine interest in playing games