As a Social Media Manager for Northern Europe, you are based in our Reading office and lead efforts to reach and engage local players on relevant social media channels. You report to the Manager, Marketing Communications, Northern Europe, and work with a team that's breaking boundaries and blurring global borders by marrying high-level marketing and publishing with a genuine understanding of what excites players.
As a Reading Rioter, you are part of a small but dedicated team committed to striving to be the most player-focused game company in the world. You share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and passion for gaming.
- Build, own, and drive the overall social media strategy for Riot's portfolio of products and experiences in Northern Europe.
- Maintain and develop social media channels to reach and engage audiences in the UK, Ireland, and the Nordic countries. Manage content traffic and creation.
- Find efficiencies with internal resources, external agencies/individuals, and outside partners to amplify social media impact for local players.
- Develop authentic relationships with players through transparent communications and clever management of our platforms.
- Source and manage agencies, and manage the social media budge t.
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a social media pro. You communicate through multiple media and are able to land nuanced messaging.
- You're well-versed with the challenges and opportunities of working with agencies and third-party companies. You know how to source, manage, onboard, and offboard them.
- You spend a huge chunk of your time on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and other relevant social channels.
- You look for inspiration across industries and know what good looks like when it comes to creative action in these spaces. You have experience in navigating events and issues that draw media attention.
- You're culturally-aware and player-focused in how you approach campaigns.
- You listen to the community to better understand their needs before they do and improve the player experience
- You have experience creating collaborative professional relationships; you put your affability to good use, becoming an essential voice in our community.
- You speak and write excellent English and have a deep, demonstrable understanding of either the UKIE or Nordic cultural landscapes.
We offer medical and dental plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with access to a company pension, provide travel allowance, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, access to a spectrum of wellbeing activities and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code . Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!