This studio is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world and have been around since the dawn of video games! With Their European HQ based in London and five world-class development studios spanning the UK, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, this studio knows a thing or two about developing quality, creative and Popular games!
As a Senior UI Artist, you will work closely with all Production teams to concept, prototype and produce the UI for our games as well as developing 2D and 3D assets such as icons and illustrations for use in the games interface. In an industry that thrives on its user-interfaces, candidates will be expected to create high fidelity and visually appealing game user-interfaces to deliver the best end-user experience.
- Work closely with the Lead UI artist and Art Director to concept, experiment, explore and develop a wide variety of game UI style and assets, including: buttons, icons, frames and menus designs.
- Create and work within a broad range of styles from bright casual games to hard-core gaming genres.
- Design stunningly polished User Interface art assets that are flexible and efficient to a high quality and in a variety of styles.
- Iterate and refine designs and assets to continually adapt to market trends and visual styles.
- Create polished, visually appealing, user friendly, consistent and distinct user interface art assets.
- Mentor other UI Artists to push and develop their talents as an artist and individual whilst working the technical limitations and style guides.
- 3+ Years’ experience in a related industry (Web, Mobile, Graphic Design or Console Games)
- Excellent visual design skills with regard to colour theory, shapes, layout and typography with a great sensitivity to user-system interaction.
- Internally driven and proactive, harbouring a deep passion for establishing and maintaining great user experiences and stunning visual design.
- Great illustrative ability both freehand and technical vector art skillsets.
- Knowledge of 3D packages for developing rendered icons and 3D UI concept visuals.
- Proactive in learning and developing your skills to the next level.
- Highly motivated and passionate about free-to-play games.
- Bachelor’s degree in art, design, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Development experience on a wide variety of mobile platforms.
- Experience using Unity UI engine.
- Previous experience from creating casual and/or mobile games.