AAA Next Gen Console games development - PS4 XB1 PC
Excellent benefits - medical/dentail, bonus, pension, quarterly reviews, 33 days paid holidays, gym, games, yoga, football, masseuse, snacks, life drawing classes, online training courses etc
Visa sponsorship & relocation support
Permanent full time position
HOUDINI TECHNICAL ARTIST
- Develop production ready procedural tools for asset creation.
- Maintaining and improving existing procedural tools.
- Daily support for Art and Tech teams.
- Problem solving for key production issues.
- Recognising inefficiencies and pipeline issues and identifying solutions.
- Enabling other team members to achieve tasks in an efficient & consistent manner.
- Creation & maintenance of documentation for Technical Art features and tools to provide for the team.
- Liaise between Art and Engine programming teams on a daily basis to facilitate production needs.
- Regularly profile scenes and highlight/address issues with relevant individuals.
- Extended knowledge of VEX and Python
- Extended experience of creating and maintaining SOP based tools.
- Extended experience and understanding of Houdini Engine.
- Understanding of 3D Math functions (linear algebra & vector maths) for real time graphics.
- Knowledge of 1 or more 3D DCC tools. (3dsmax, Maya,…)
- Knowledge of 1 or more texture creation tools (Substance Painter & designer, Photoshop,…)
- Knowledge of the Unreal Engine toolset.
- Experience working on shipped titles for consoles, as Technical Artist.
- Experience in creating solutions in node based editors.
- Experience in creating and maintaining blueprint solutions.
- Experience in creating DOP based simulations.
- Excellent understanding of Pixel & Vertex Shaders.
- Experience using profiling tools for performance reviews and optimisations.
- Experience with creative coding frameworks a bonus.
- Strong capacity to work independently as well as in a team.
- Good understanding of toolset building for art assets creation.
- Solid understanding of art optimisation techniques.
- A strong artistic ability, shown preferably within real-time game engines.
- A great ability to think creatively to overcome technical challenges.
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude.
- Strong organisational skills.
- A strong desire to investigate new techniques in the field.
- Familiarity with the creation of user-friendly tools and systems that enable artists.
- Be a great team player!
For full studio details please contact me anytime.
Conkerberry Recruitment for Games