Senior Technical Animator (f/m/d)
We are looking for a talented Senior Technical Animator who loves working in interdisciplinary teams in a fast-paced and creative environment to come join our team and develop amazing games with us.
The technical animator’s primary mission is to rig characters, solve technical production issues, streamline processes and develop tools and frameworks for character animation.
As a Senior Technical Animator at YAGER you will:
- Improve the character animation pipeline and tools
- Work together with character art and animation as well as design and engineering to ensure good in-game results
- Troubleshoot and solve technical production issues
- Research and integrate new technology and define the technical direction of game development
- Work closely with other disciplines in small interdisciplinary teams in order to achieve features that are more than the sum of their parts.
- Estimate high level goals and provide solutions to high level problems in planning.
- Take a big part in review cycles, both in providing feedback for coworkers and improving based on feedback from team members
- Mentor and spread knowledge to other team members
- 5+ years of gaming production experience
- Understanding of game engines, tools, pipelines, development processes
- Professional experience with Unreal Engine or comparable game engine
- Ability to create character/creature rigs that enable the production of great animations
- Strong knowledge of one or more major 3D packages, Maya preferred
- Experience working with MEL (Maya), Python (Maya, Motion Builder) and C++
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines and excel under production conditions
- Good communication skills across multiple disciplines; ability and willingness to accept and follow direction, and to work collaboratively; excel as a team player
- Enthusiasm to learn and grow professionally
- Passionate about videogames
- Experience with Motion Capture Data
- Professional experience with 1st person rigging
- Professional experience with creature rigging
- Good knowledge of the Unreal Engine, Animation Blueprints in particular
- Experience with animation trees and state machines in general
- Experience with node based scripting
- Full-time and on-site
- Status: employment
- Start: as soon as possible
We support you all the way
- Relocation bonus and ongoing support and assistance
- Occupational pension scheme
We care about your well-being
- Flexible working hours
- Fresh fruit and vegetables every day
- Hot and cold beverages of your choice
- In-house massage
We encourage continuous learning
- Extensive games/books library
- Dedicated Talent Development Manager
- Participation at various game conferences
We know how to have fun!
- A variety of exciting Team Events
- Summer and Christmas Party
- Beer and soft drinks for Friday meetings
Join Our Team!
If this sounds like you, and you love to work in a creative environment with people who are passionate about their work, please send us your application using our online form.