Happy Volcano is looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to help us get You Suck at Parking and future Happy Volcano games in the market. You create and execute a marketing plan for all platforms and how the game’s live service user acquisition and retention operates. You identify and implement opportunities to optimize engagement, retention, and revenue. You have proven familiarity with live service games.
You are looking for an opportunity to make your mark, working directly with the founders of the business to deliver on the marketing goals, setting and delivering on key milestones, and using your experience and best-in-class approach to help create a truly fun and breakout hit game. You will be a respected and crucial part of our team.
- You develop go to market strategies, launch campaigns and scalable user acquisition strategies translating key product features into compelling messaging.
- You execute the different marketing opportunities, including brand campaigns, SEO, online advertising, programmatic UA, public relations, platform store page optimization and promotion.
- You utilize data and research to develop, implement, and measure marketing strategies
- You manage relationships and workload with external marketing partners (PR, trailers, influencers, etc.)
- You work with the product team to build and support the product roadmap, content updates, sales and promotions.
- You work closely with community management on community and social media strategy and how it aligns with marketing objectives.
- You handle the game's events presence (from submission to booth installation when applicable).
- We’re a small studio and value collaboration across teams and disciplines. You’ll be expected to work well with the whole team.
- You’ll be a proactive and positive contributor and support your team.
- Experience hiring and managing direct reports.
- You have worked on at least 3-5 shipped titles and one service-based game before;
- You are a native English speaker;
- You have strong creativity and writing and verbal communication skills (additional visual creative skills will be a plus);
- You have excellent knowledge of indie PC and console game marketing methodologies and frameworks, able to represent multiple audience perspectives;
- You have strong people skills and work ethic, know how to write/give feedback and able to work in a collaborative team environment;
- You are able to legally work full-time in Belgium or full-time contract work from your country of residence;
- You are able to work effectively remotely during core Central European Time
If you don't fit all criteria, we encourage you to apply anyway!
What Happy Volcano can offer you
- A competitive salary adjustable to the cost of living for where you're based
- The opportunity to work in a growing team of enthusiasts
- Opportunities to continue your professional development
- Fully remote studio indefinitely with an option to work from our offices in Belgium
- 21 days of paid time off per year minimum. On top of that, the studio is closed between Christmas and New Year's Day.
- Official government holidays from the country you reside in
- Healthy work/life balance
- A flexible work schedule.
If you’d like to apply for this job, please use the form below and include a CV, links to any work or portfolio, and any other relevant information.
We encourage marginalized and people from underrepresented groups to apply. We’re excited to hear from you!