About Ubisoft Mainz
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft's biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2. More information at mainz.ubisoft.com.Job Description
Beyond Good & Evil 2 is an action-adventure sci-fi RPG and set in the same universe as Ubisoft's original cult classic. Join the crew at Ubisoft Mainz and help us create the best possible experience for our players.
As Senior Lead Artist you will be responsible for leading the art team in the development of AAA environments and assets while ensuring adherence with the creative vision of the game.
QualificationsWhat it takes to make it
- Help establish, develop and maintain the game artistic style and visual quality
- Help build a successful and proactive team of artists by pushing the quality bar with seasoned artists to mentoring and helping junior staff with their first ever game.
- Inspire and motivate the art team to achieve their best, driving artistic quality by example and successful teamwork, giving feedback and direction where needed.
- Work closely with the art director, product owner, designers, and engineers to establish the production pipeline and best practices for the game.
- Create and maintain the brand/art style guides and technical documentation.
- Mentor artists along their career paths, setting challenges to encourage growth.
- Assess and manage all staff members career progression by helping with training and mentoring by continuous appraisals and feedback.
- Take ownership of the milestone planning, day-to-day feedback communications, and final quality of deliverables from various external partners (outsourcing)
- Understand and work within project requirements and constraints.
Artists should enclose a portfolio or link to an online portfolio to their application.
- Minimum 5 years experience creating artwork for games with at least 1 shipped title as an Art Lead.
- Excellent communication skills as a leader, collaborator, and mentor.
- Excellent 2D and 3D skills - 3D modeling, texturing and lighting
- Proficient with industry tools like 3DS Max and Photoshop, with an ability to learn new tools.
- Pro-active & collaborative work attitude toward achieving results under pressure.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills as a leader, collaborator and mentor with a proactive approach to collaboration and feedback from others.
- Excellent communication skills, never afraid to ask questions and to help teammates with answering their own.
- Enjoy the feedback process as the best way to create fantastic visuals and collaboration when working with outsource and external contractors.
- A proven track record in the delivery of high performance, high quality 3D assets for AAA titles.