Quantum Works combines the worlds of cryptocurrency and gaming aimed at the gaming audience. We are dedicated to our ‘Game First’ and ‘Frictionless Entry Point’ methodologies, developing a high-quality experience in a game that can stand on its own legs with cryptocurrency seamlessly integrated in. We are expanding our teams to deliver a market disrupting title, our inaugural game: Project Quantum.
For more information please visit: https://quantumworks.co.uk/
Quantum Works is looking for an experienced Senior Game Designer; who has experience in First Person Shooters and Core Loop Game Design; significant experience of full development life cycles on at least one AAA or FPS game title at a senior level; and will be placed in charge of key areas of the game at every phase from its early development.
The successful candidate will join an internal team working with the design team and a third-party AAA game developer studio working with leading veterans.
Quantum Works is a start-up studio with an open and progressive methodology and is dedicated to delivering games of the highest quality experience in playability.
- Creating and maintaining design documentation.
- Implementing game mechanics and systems using Unreal Engine.
- Work closely with the Design Director to iterate and refine the design of systems, mechanics and dynamics.
- Work closely with Directors, Producers, QA and Development Team to justify design across all phases of development.
- Iterate and adapt based on gameplay requirements or integration challenges.
- Analyse and summarise empirical data and communicate to the team.
- Identify bottlenecks and exploits – design features, specifications and strategy accordingly.
- Balance in game economy with articulations of engagement, retention and monetisation;
- Help forming a hub of knowledge for the game, for all production disciplines.
- Ensure smooth and clean communications within the team.
- Assist the team with high level plans as well as task breakdowns and follow up on deliveries.
- Portfolio of design and features you can break down and discuss.
- 2-5 years experience including at least one FPS title.
- Professional experience with Unreal Engine / Unreal Blueprints.
- Familiar with development stages from Proof of concept to Preproduction and Production.
- Capable of balancing, forecasting, optimising, improving upon data-driven results and playtest feedback.
- Ability to concisely articulate concepts, design specifications and production requirements.
- Great understanding of FPS genres and the competitive landscape of FPS gaming.
- Happy to self-manage and work independently with cross-functional teams located in different time zones.
- Experience with spreadsheets and handling data
- Ambition to create outstanding gameplay experiences.