Once upon a game...
A studio was founded by 2 final year students at University, their first game got 2 million hits and 3 years later they reached 100+ million players! Fast forward to 2017, they have 3 offices, have a super successful cross-platform portfolio and are still proudly wearing the indie crown.
Their creative director and chief in command of some of their most successful games has a brainwave, it was this studio, so 3 years ago they founded a wonderful studio in Guilford.
A studio with its own IP, identity, team, culture etc but leans on its big sister studio for financial support and shares ideas, talent, resources when necessary.
They are pouring heart and soul into developing exciting titles that provide players with surprising, polished and high-quality experiences that are able to cut through a crowded marketplace. Working across original and highly acclaimed IPs to create a World-class games studio.
The role you play...
Join them as a Senior Game Designer - this role offers an opportunity to have an enormous impact on shaping the ambitious and creative studio. Important role learning from the best and working directly with the Lead Designer and Design Director.
What your week might look like...
- Design and execute innovative game designs, review, and improve gameplay.
- Lead the Design Team on the latest and largest project in the studio – very early stages so you will have a major impact on design direction.
- Be an active contributing member of our studio design team and help us to build the design quality of the studio
- Create visions of new games and features for desired player experience.
- Produce and update detailed design documentation, charts, diagrams and flows
- Liaise with the team, other designers, and studio leads ensuring all understand the design vision.
- Mentoring team members, delivering training, giving feedback, setting expectations and delegating
What we are looking for...
- Great knowledge of mobile free to play games
- Experience working in full development cycles, long term gameplay loops and meta-game systems.
- Experience with Unity Engine and/or other proprietary/Unreal Engine
- Great instinct and understanding of design mechanics, systems and direction
- A drive to learn, improve and share your passion
- A likable and approachable personality, with a desire to collaborate with and motivate those around you.
- Good ideation, prototyping and pitching skills with an awareness of past, current and future trends and opportunities
- Would be a plus if you have other platform experience in PC and/or console
What you can look forward to...
- Best of a startup, your impact will be real, your voice will be heard and your role in the project will be weighty.
- Be a big fish in a small pond, huge ambitions but none of the bureaucracy or risks – backed and supported by a big player in the space.
- Work on cross platform games and very well known IP's, with Bafta-nominated individuals and from some of the most successful studios in the World.
If you don't already live in Guilford - welcome to the good life!
- Voted one of the best places to live in the UK
- London on your doorstep, without having to live in the big smoke - only 20 mins into central London
- Named the ‘Hollywood of Video Games’ – home to some of the biggest names in gaming making for a wonderful gaming community that pulls together to share big ideas.
- Perfect balance between rural and city life
- Home to landscaped gardens, riverbanks and vast areas of natural beauty
- Some of the best schools in the country
- Lovely old town, with a rich history