About Ubisoft Mainz
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft's biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2. More information at mainz.ubisoft.com.Job Description
Beyond Good & Evil 2 is an action-adventure sci-fi RPG and set in the same universe as Ubisoft's original cult classic. Join the crew at Ubisoft Mainz and help us create beautiful game worlds with cutting edge graphics.
As a Senior 3D Programmer you will be both a hands-on programmer and a direction-providing mentor across the 3D spectrum to connect with our players on two of the most critical aspects of a AAA game: its visuals and its performance.
Your main responsibilities are to:
- Write and review code customized to the hardware you're working with.
- Coach and mentor other members of the graphics team, empowering them to innovate.
- Provide support to content creators, meeting often to assess their needs and vision + discuss limitations.
- Improve existing graphical features and inspire the development of new ones.
- Anticipate complex problems + propose adapted solutions, considering the entire production pipeline.
- Explore new hardware and deal with the interesting challenges and opportunities it poses.
- Stay up to date on the latest tech trends and techniques + recommend our best practices.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Around 5 years of graphics programming experience (for video-game consoles a huge plus) or related experience
- Proficiency in C++
- Analytical and mathematical Skills
- Knowledge of GPUs, HLSL, and modern graphics APIs (e.g. DirectX 12 and Vulkan) + understanding of game engines and their limitations
- A thorough grasp of memory management & multithreaded programming techniques
- Solid interpersonal and presentation skills & the ability to clearly communicate cross-departmentally
- A long-term approach to problem-solving (if the solution isn't sustainable, it simply won't do)
- A collaborative and innovative spirit
- Willingness to continue learning - new technologies, engines, rendering techniques, programming languages, you name it
- Technical proficiency in areas of 2D and 3D art a plus