How do you fancy being a critical element of the game creation process for the world's largest game publisher?
As the Rendering Engineer you will be involved in architectural design and the implementation and debugging of rendering technology on multiple platforms, you'll be working with Designers, Artists and other Engineers to solve complex computer graphics problems.
Day to day challenges will include...
- Research & implement cutting-edge rendering techniques
- Write technical design specifications
- Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code, pipelines & other rendering-related sub-components & packages
- Develop core rendering tools, feature & engine components to required coding standards
- Profile & optimise rendering, lighting & shading components of a game engine
- Create leading edge reusable rendering technologies.
You’ll already be familiar with this publishers titles, but maybe you don’t know how committed they are to creating games for every platform, from social to mobile to console, giving gamers anywhere, anytime access to their favourite titles.
What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius and work on multiple projects.
Some of the skills and XP you'll need...
- 7+ years of development experience
- Proficiency with C++
- Experience in the design and implementation of cutting edge graphics techniques
- Detailed knowledge of graphics hardware
- Strong maths skills including trigonometry, calculus & linear algebra
- Background in rendering with experience of either shaders, animation, skinning, lighting, special effects or tool development
- Experience with Direct 3D, Open GL or equivalent
- Experience in object-oriented design & implementation
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, & runtime optimisation
- Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code
It'll be great if you also have...
- Experience of shipping at least one title on recent PS or Xbox consoles.
- Experience with assembler (Intel, PPC), scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and C#
- Experience of graphics tools & exporters such as Maya, MotionBuilder & Photoshop; knowledge of Maya API & Mel programming
- Expertise in a number of these fields: vertex & pixel shaders including HLSL and FX; terrain or environment rendering; advanced lighting techniques, particle systems, special effects, art pipelines, tool development & game engine architecture.
- Working knowledge of DX11 would be a significant plus
A handful of the perks you'll enjoy: