Kwalee is an expanding, independent mobile games developer and publisher based in the beautiful town of Leamington Spa, England, within the area known as Silicon Spa where over 3,000 game developers work.
Kwalee is one of the world's fastest growing studios and has rapidly become the largest hyper-casual publisher in the UK. Thanks to hit games including Draw it, Looper, Jetpack Jump, Shootout 3D, Go Fish!, Plank! and Rocket Sky, Kwalee has hundreds of millions of players across the globe, placing us within the top 5 mobile developers worldwide.
The company was founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE - awarded by the Queen, co-founder of Codemasters and comprises of a highly skilled and creative team that has doubled its size in the last year. The team includes many industry veterans and the original creator of the Micro Machines video games (yes, you read well, we have celebrities here!).
As a QA Tester you have a passion for mobile games, a talent for finding bugs, and ideas on how to improve them.
You'll be part of a development team that will be based in the new office that we're going to open in Bangalore.
What you tell your friends you do
"I'm like a ghostbuster although I find bugs instead of ghosts! I make sure every game we release is up to scratch and ready to be played by millions of people"
What you will really be doing
How you will be doing this
- Testing all our games to find issues in them before release
- Producing high quality bug reports including: a detailed description, accurate reproduction steps and severity rating, etc.
- Documenting the issues into a bug database and assigning them to the relevant member of the development team as well as working with them to ensure the problem is solved.
- Working with Designers, Artists, and Programmers to improve the overall experience by suggesting improvements and changes
- You'll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure our games are extremely high quality and bug free.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You'll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it.
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 70 staff where you'll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important QA decisions. You'll work within an extremely experienced and passionate team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.Skills and requirements
- Experience of "hands-on" bug reporting within the games industry, ideally in mobile. We're creating a team and therefore we're looking for different levels of experience (from several months to years).
- Ability to produce high quality bug reports
- Experience testing server dependant applications
- A methodical, scientific and analytical mindset
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of the mobile landscape in terms of hardware and software
- Passion for games
- Experience testing mobile games
- Experience working within Google Play Console, AppStore Connect
- Experience testing ad mediation platforms like IronSource and MoPub
- Knowledge of Jenkins and an understanding of multi-branch development
- Knowledge of AB testing
- Experience writing test plans (functional and compliance)
- Experience leading small teams of QA Testers, vetting bugs, managing databases, etc
We offer a generous benefits package to all our employees that includes a team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment among other perks.Our philosophy
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.