Hi-Rez Studios is hiring an experienced QA Engineer to join our Platform team in Alpharetta, Georgia or full-time remote (US/UK).
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create and challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your ingenuity, energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, and Rogue Company as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our QA Engineers do:
Who we are looking for:
- Design and build an automation testing platform that is scalable and meets operational needs
- Develop strategies, and long-term goals to support multiple games in a live environment
- Identify, analyze, and apply various technical skills to troubleshoot areas of deficiencies
- Use metrics to track and report trends; present data and make recommendations for optimization
- Provide consistent communication on QA releases and updates
- Partner with stakeholders through all cycles of development to maximize effective test plans
- Champion best practices, drive innovation, and contribute to architectural discussions
Preferred candidates have:
- 5+ years of software testing experience in a fast-paced environment in a multi-project studio
- Experience with several test automation frameworks, processes, and technologies
- Experience with backend services, console, and PC testing
- Experience and understanding of distributed cloud systems, containerization, cross-platform networking, caching, application modernization, data storage (document stores, key-value stores, RDBMS), data streaming, and CI/CD
- Programming Experience: Object Oriented languages such as C++, Python, or other object-oriented languages
- Ability to problem solve, prioritize, work independently, as well collaboratively
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Full-stack web developer, experience with Unreal Engine, experience with maintaining and/or contributing to open-source projects/community, and/or web frameworks
- Cloud experience in MS Azure and/or other Cloud Providers
- Previous experience building or contributing to automated testing frameworks from the ground up