QA - Assistant QA Manager
Contract Type: Permanent
The Team17 Games Label is busier than ever, working on an array of successful and interesting new game IPs. We are expanding rapidly – the last 3 years have all been record years for us! We are currently looking for an experienced Assistant QA Manager to join our expanding team whose main responsibility is to ensure that the entire QA process is planned and organised to a very high standard, from the beginning of a project, up until launch.
There are significant opportunities to grow the role over time, through management and technical specialist paths. We always encourage development and openly offer opportunities for training, conferences and other exercises to continuously broaden your skills.
We’re in the amazing position of building strong dynamic teams across the business right now, during our biggest period of growth we have seen to date.
As an Assistant QA Manager you will have responsibilities for:
- Planning and organising the entire QA process from start to finish on multiple projects.
- Scrutinising testers day-to-day performance and focus, as well as bug databases and test plan usage.
- Working closely with the QA Manager on departmental tasks.
- Assisting the QA Manager in mentoring, training and undertaking performance reviews of QA staff.
- Scrutinising testing plans to ensure all titles are defect free and ready for any platform holder certification testing.
- Planning, creating and executing risk assessment documentation to assure that all projects pass smoothly through the QA cycle.
- Compiling a list of defects or any issues of design or implementation during a testing cycle.
- Preparing bug analysis reports for Production staff.
- Identifying and articulating problem areas within projects and general QA practices.
- Participating in game reviews and evaluations to measure the functionality of a game against its design specification.
The Key Skill and Experience needed are
- Working side-by-side with development teams to track issues and provide any help to assist in the remedy of any defects.
- Maintaining a positive atmosphere and strong worth ethic within the QA department.
- Testing games to destruction to find and document any and all defects.
- At least 2 years in a QA Management role within the Gaming industry
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team and independently
- First class Management, Organisation and Motivation skills.
- Imagination and creativity
- An energetic and flexible approach
- Close attention to detail
- Good ability to communicate problems and the ability to understand the requirements of the development teams
- The ability to devise good working practices and approaches to problem solving
- The ability to adapt to product changes and adapt testing practices to suit
- Ability to clarify and escalate relevant issues where you feel the severity is misunderstood
We offer a supportive and well-equipped working environment with competitive salaries and avenues to progress your career. There are plenty of benefits and flexibility to working with us at Team17… So, if the above role appears to match your skills and aspirations don’t hesitate to get in touch!