Studio Gobo is an established AAA games studio, part of the Keywords family. Our team has worked on multiple world-class projects for companies such as Disney, Codemasters, Ubisoft and Warner Bros. Recent projects include For Honor, Marvel Super Heroes: Guardians of the Galaxy playset for Disney Infinity 2.0 and Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire playset for Disney Infinity 3.0.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and an award-winning environment to work in!
Studio Gobo is looking for a project manager to join their Hove based team on an unannounced AAA game. As a project manager at Studio Gobo, you will be responsible for efficiently coordinating a development team through the whole project timeline, working with a cross-discipline team to drive agile development collaborating with external dev partners, identifying risks and troubleshoot communication and dependency issues. You will assist the producer with planning, reviews as well as managing backlog.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Schedule & Planning: Work with feature and project leads to maintain the project schedule and backlog.
- Coordination: Run and co-ordinate daily scrums, sprint planning, retrospectives, project meetings.
- Co-Dev: As a co-dev partner you will work with the lead studio or publisher on integrating their working practices and align on what quality standards.
- People Management: Motivate your team and support them to carry out the goals and vision of the project.
- Dev QA Liaison: Work with the Dev QA team to correctly prioritize and distribute issues to the dev team.
- Communication: Assist the producer to communicate with all key stakeholder's project progress and quality.
- 2+ years of game development experience in a production role.
- Solid understanding of game development and video game technologies, with experience in all phases of development.
- Established communication, people, interview, presentation, organizational and documentation skills
- Highly skilled in the use of Excel, Jira and other project management tools
- Creative problem solver who can work within a team to produce AAA gaming products.
- Certified Scrum Master or similar qualifications
- Experience working with external teams and publishers.
- Experience working on Games as a Service and live ops.
- A background in engineering, design or art would be beneficial.
- Experience working on multiplayer and PVE game.
When you join Studio Gobo you can expect to enjoy a unique culture. Whether its participating and relaxing with one of our wellness benefits or discussing the latest games over lunch cooked by our in-house chef. The Studio knows that it's the best people that make the best games and this is what Studio Gobo invests in. Below you will find all the benefits and perks you can enjoy as a Studio Gobo team member.
- Holidays: 23 days' annual leave entitlement including studio closure over the Christmas period plus all UK bank holidays
- Bonus Anniversary Holidays: An additional day of annual leave for each year's anniversary working at Gobo up to a maximum of 30 days of annual leave entitlement.
- Project Team Bonus Pools
- Income protection and life assurance
- Company Pension Scheme – Employer contribution matching award winning pension scheme provided by NEST under the UK governments automatic enrolment scheme.
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme – Full private medical cover provided by AXA PPP Private Healthcare.
- Private Dental Insurance Scheme – Full private dental cover provided under our Dental plan company scheme.
- Cycle to Work Scheme – Salary sacrifice cycle purchase scheme with tax savings through Evans Cycles.
- Childcare Voucher Scheme – Tax efficient childcare voucher scheme operated through KiddiVouchers.
- Eye-care Vouchers – Free eye tests.
- Train Travel Season Ticket Loan – Interest free company loan to spread the cost of an annual season ticket.
- Personal Trainer Sessions – Free gym sessions with our own Gobo personal trainer.
- Health and Wellbeing Allowance – £50 per month to spend on your choice of a range of healthy activities.
- Fast Growing Studio – Plenty of room for career advancement
- Industry Conferences Budget – A generous annual studio conferences budget – many of our employees have benefited from attending conferences such as GDC in San Francisco, Siggraph etc.
- Free locally roasted Coffee & Speciality Teas
- Gobo Cereal Bar – Extensive granola, muesli and breakfast cereal selections.
- Full Chefs Kitchen & Equipment – Free use of our large full sized chef's kitchen ideal for whipping up a quick snack or a culinary feast.
- Fresh Home Cooked Gobo Friday Lunch – Our world famous lunch prepared and served every Friday by our own in-house Gobo chef. Sit, eat and chat with your work colleagues – it's an ideal way to mix and maybe chat with other team members.
- Fresh Fruit, Olives & Healthy Snacks – Provided every day to keep you healthy.
- Pastries, Cakes & Doughnuts – For the odd naughty pleasure.
- Soft Drinks Fridge – A large range of free chilled soft drinks.
- Gobo Beer & Wine Fridge – Free beers, ales and wine and even the odd gin and tonic! Grab a beer at our end of week Show and Tell sessions and see what everybody else in the company has been up to!
- Extensive Video Game & Book Library – Borrow a game, a book or even a whole console!
- Spacious Industrial Chic Studio Space – Many visitors comment on what an amazing studio space we have. We've invested a lot of time, thought and money into our studio. And we get to work in this space every day. Our working environment makes an incredible difference to our mood and productivity.
- Bring Your Dog to Work Days – Don't leave Fido at home alone. Bring him into the studio to meet the rest of the team. Gobo is a dog friendly employer!
- Project Wrap Parties, Cinema Nights & Team Social Events – We work hard together so it's good to let off steam and spend some time together seeing what the wonderful city of Brighton & Hove has to offer.
At Studio Gobo, we don't just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Studio Gobo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.