Build the future of mobile games with MZ!
As a global leader in mobile gaming, we’re dedicated to developing games the world can’t wait to experience. Games like Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Mobile Strike, and Game of War: Fire Age.
We build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. Our team pushes the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
As a studio, we are masters of our own destiny, untethered by the traditional publisher model. Every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players!
As a member of the Product Operations team you will coordinate with MZ’s talented Production, Design, Engineering, QA, and Support teams to manage and ship code deployments for our Live Games.
Additionally, you will serve as a first responder to internal and external company incidents. This requires a calm and decisive approach to providing guidance and direction to several cross-functional teams who will be working with you towards issue resolution.
- Working directly with product leadership to manage product releases. This involves regularly communicating with Design, Live Operations, Engineering, QA and support teams in order to ensure that all content is being released in order to effectively meet revenue goals for the product
- Maintaining an expert level knowledge of the product you’re supporting so you’re able to quickly identify blocking bugs and issues with the content that you’re releasing. Once identified you’ll be responsible to follow up with the appropriate designers and engineers in order to ensure issue resolution
- Using Terminal, Build, and Commit management tools to promote and deploy commits into testing and live environments
- Using project and product management tools to complete documentation and metrics based around the live product deployments. This includes data on features being released and statistics of the deployment
- Responding to and vetting Incident requests for your primary product. Once the Incident has been confirmed you will be expected to identify and notify the appropriate stakeholders, troubleshooters, and support team members in order to achieve Incident resolution
- Providing updates to stakeholders to the current status of Incidents and the timeline towards incident resolution for your primary product
- Handling any critical bug fix deployments as a result of Incidents
- Documenting the Impact, Cause, Fix, and Stakeholders involved for Product Incidents
- Facilitating Postmortem meetings with the appropriate stakeholders from Incidents in order to discuss process improvements to prevent similar incidents from occurring in the future.
- Documenting and managing any follow up action items that have been identified as the result of Postmortem Meetings
- Identifying and troubleshooting issues with Release and Incident Management tools. Additionally, you will be expected to identify when it is necessary to kick off an incident in order to unblock the operations of a product
- Supporting off hour Incident and Deployment needs for all products as a member of an on-call rotation
- 5 Years of applicable Project, Product, or Release Management Experience
- Flexible and willingness to work nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime to meet business needs
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and can get ideas across in a clear and concise manner
- Thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing environment and are comfortable making decisions in a complex environment with incomplete information
- 2 years experience using technical tools and terminals in order to deploy code and data changes into live products
- 2 years experience tracking complex projects and managing cross functional partnerships with producers, directors, and executives
- Advanced knowledge of project management methodologies: Agile, Scrum, and Kanban
- maintaining the ability to multitask and prioritize several ongoing tasks
- Remain calm and confident under pressure
- Have a passion for technology and games
- Familiarity with GIT, Version Control and Programming
- Previous first responder background
- Previous project or product management experience
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.