£0 - £0 Per Hour
Art and Animation
Permanent | Full Time
Operations Director, Central Art
The Operations Director for the Central Art Team (CAT) is responsible for the planning, execution, measurement and reporting of global CAT engagements (internal & external) as well as strategic initiatives in regard to program and project management in Central Art and the Art Function at King.
This complex role will be able to apply these responsibilities across a large number of games across all studios at King, throughout every stage of production and live.
Your Role Within our Kingdom
* Working with the VP of Art to set and execute strategies for Central Art operations
* Being responsible for the operations of and consulting on central art and external art services including:
* Effective design of project planning, management processes and practices
* Setup of all central art and external art services in partnership with game teams
* Overall Central Art Team project delivery ensuring that projects are delivered effectively and on time as well as acting on customer group and/or senior stakeholder feedback, providing direct project support when needed
* Management of external Art vendors including liaison with senior vendor management
* Line management for the Central Art Team Project Managers and supporting them with career development
* Incuding coaching and mentorship around effective people management, project management, distributed development operations and stakeholder management
* Design & execution of Central Art Team engagement and KPI reporting
* Including ongoing communication and progress reporting on Central Art Team engagements, project and initiatives to key stakeholders as required
* Partnering with the VP of Art to develop and execute on programs and projects for both the CAT and the Art function as required
* Mentorship and support of CAT craft leadership on effective program/project management processes and techniques as required
* Partnering with the VP of Art, to design, organize and execute effective events, offsites and workshops
Skills to Create Thrills
* Senior level management and operations experience in game production with delivery of high quality games
* Deep understanding of program/project management processes and best practices
* Experience developing and delivering central and external game development services desired
* Thorough understanding of game production process and the associated craft disciplines
* Strong leadership skills with ability to effectively lead, support and coach/develop project managers as well as the emotional intelligence to work and partner with creatives
* Ability to adapt and flex within a dynamic, creative environment, whilst offering structure and operational process when needed
* Experience in building and utilizing organizational networks
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively collaborate with senior management
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people that share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. No matter where you're from, it's all about what we can achieve together when creating truly magical moments for all our players. That's why we hire all sorts of talent - because a great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
King in Barcelona
Home to numerous King games studios and our Global Services Centre, our familia in Barcelona is growing ever greater. Come lunchtime, you can enjoy amazing views of the city from our roof terraces. Come night time, the delights of the city will be on your doorstep. Magic really is in the air. After all, Bubble Witch Saga 3, Diamond Digger Saga and Pyramid Solitaire Saga were created here.
Want to join our Kingdom?
Application needs to be in English.
Keep Calm and waka waka...