Games and Level Design,Programming and Development,VR and AI
Permanent | Full Time
OUR COMPANY :
QUANTIC DREAM was founded in 1997 by David Cage. Today co-managed by David Cage and Guillaume de Fondaumière, our studio has gained over the years international recognition for its contribution to interactive narration and its fresh thinking on emotion in games.
We are also considered to be one of the leading motion capture studios, especially for the creation of real-time 3D Virtual Actors performing with stunning realism.
Over the last twenty one years we have developed proprietary engines and technologies, including some very advanced tools and a unique approach to the production pipeline.
As a game development studio, we collaborated in the past with major publishers including Eidos, Vivendi Universal Games, Microsoft Games Studios, Atari and Sony Computer Entertainment. We created the games OMIKRON THE NOMAD SOUL featuring recording artist David Bowie and FAHRENHEIT INDIGO PROPHECY.
Since 2006, we have developed the three award-winning and multimillion selling Playstation titles HEAVY RAIN (PS3/PS4), BEYOND: TWO SOULS (PS3/PS4) and DETROIT: BECOME HUMAN (PS4).
Detroit: Become Human, which released on May 25th 2018 on PLAYSTATION 4, is Quantic Dream’s fastest selling title to date, having sold in excess of 1 million units in its first two weeks on shelves. Heavy Rain, which released in February 2010 and won three BAFTA and DICE awards, remains our bestselling title so far, with combined sales of over 5 million units worldwide on PS3 and PS4.
We are currently working on several unannounced titles.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
For our upcoming AAA projects and within the Kernel team in charge of, in our R&D division, low level functionalities (memory manager, multithreading, file system, network ...) but also "mid-level" modules level "(such as the GUI, sound/audio, video, etc ...), you will follow one, or more, modules with as main mission the development of the engine network of the game.
You will ensure the integration and support of the replication layer of the game.
You will control and optimize the bandwidth.
You will develop monitoring tools to develop network features for a AAA project.
EXPECTED SKILLS :
- Graduated in Computer Science (Engineering School, or similar)
- You have 4 years of experience in AAA video game development
- You have very good code architecture skills
- You have a perfect mastery of C++
- You pay attention to details and you are reliable
- You have knowledge of Online programming
- You have a good knowledge of network technologies (network architectures, distributed models, protocols), real-time systems
- To know the client /server programming and p2p is a more
- If you have experience with TCP and UDP protocols, it will be a more
- Previous experience in prediction issues is a more.
We offer you to join a very talented and passionned R&D division.
Keep Calm and waka waka...