Royal Leamington Spa
Art and Animation
Permanent | Full Time
Playground Games is seeking a Material Artist who will be responsible for creating a diverse range of textures and materials needed to realise the vision for our Forza Horizon team.
As a Material Artist you'll also need experience in the technical aspects of your craft, including shaders, asset optimisation, creation of efficient tile-able textures, Smart Materials in Substance Designer, as well as being comfortable communicating with technical departments.
Expert knowledge in Substance Designer is a must.
- Experience on a published title.
- Good understanding of current generation production workflows and technical considerations in relation to either character or environment art production
- Able to communicate with technical team members
- Ability to organise and manage work to meet deadlines
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your in-game texture and Substance work to very high standards
- A self-motivated team player, with good communication skills
- Expert knowledge of textures creation packages such as substance Designer and substance Painter
- Experience working with photogrammetry
- Expert knowledge in PBR rendering & Light Interactions
- Strong knowledge of Zbrush or Mudbox
- Lighting and/or photography experience
- Good traditional art foundation
- Understanding of Photogrammetry Workflows
- Experience implementing and maintaining material pipelines.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world's most exciting games studios, using cutting edge technology to create world class games, within a successful, highly talented and collaborative team.
Keep Calm and waka waka...