Marketing - Customer Support Manager
Contract Type: Permanent
We are looking for an experienced Customer Support expert to join Team17’s commercial office in Nottingham.
This role is a high profile and exciting position within Team17’s fast moving Community department and will see the successful candidate oversee the Customer Support function across the entire range of Team17’s games portfolio of both in-house productions and indie games label titles.
A passion for video games is essential and an interest in independent games and their creators would be desirable.
The key responsibilities are:
Key skills and experience needed are:
- Management of a front-line customer/technical support process within the studio, covering all internal and external titles
- Line management of a team of Customer Support professionals
- Providing a first-class service to all our customers and publishing partners.
- Creation of KPIs, targets and goals ensuring that stakeholders are updated throughout
- Championing Customer Support within Team 17, constantly looking for ways to improve our forward-facing service as the industry and technology advance.
- Working with customers and development staff to diagnose faults and identify solutions
- Identifying trends and patterns in issues. Providing regular reports and presentations back to the development and community teams
- Ensuring complete clarity of information to customers, so that faults can be remedied in a timely fashion via all electronic means, including Steam, web and email
- Safeguarding the image and high standings of Team 17 in all types of external communication
- Ensuring all relevant parties are informed of any critical issues reported by the public immediately
- Creation and maintenance of an internal and external Customer Service Knowledge Base
- Producing and maintaining troubleshooting guides for inclusion on our web site
- Other duties as required
- 2-3 years in an online based customer service role
- Unquenchable passion for video games and a good understanding of the video games industry
- Strong technical knowledge of PC gaming
- Working knowledge of digital distribution platforms such as Steam, GOG, App Store and Google Play Store
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of managing a team
- Experience of working with ZenDesk
- The ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Imagination and creativity
- An energetic and flexible approach
- Close attention to detail