Brighton, England, United Kingdom · Engineering
We have an opportunity for a Lead Programmer to join our growing studio in Brighton.
This person will be crucial to the development of our studio, a leader of our technical efforts. This person will be a champion for the technical capabilities of our studio and will lead our development team to reach greater heights.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Leads code team, passing on experience and expertise and leads by example.
- Develops technical design specifications for complex projects and implements them.
- Designs, develops, writes, tests and implements systems and game code.
- Works with designers, artists and other personnel involved in the development process as required to create the highest possible quality product.
- Tests and refines gameplay features throughout the development cycle of the project.
- Mentors and conducts regular one to ones with project engineering team.
- Estimates own tasks and delivers high quality code to that schedule.
- Performs code reviews with the team to ensure code quality.
- Able to communicate effectively with our clients and maintain strong relationships with them.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Highly proficient in C++.
- 5 years experience working in the video games industry.
- Knowledge of industry standard development practices: source control, asset pipelines, issue tracking, external QA and localisation teams.
- Worked on and shipped at least two recent AAA titles.
- Exposure to post-launch on-going product development and delivery.
- Continuous integration and build automation experience.
- Worked in an Agile development environment.
- Experience with art packages and pipeline development.
- Experience with low level optimisation, shader programming, physics or mathematics.
- Understanding and experience of cloud server and network backend systems.