Kwalee is an expanding, independent mobile games developer and publisher based in the beautiful town of Leamington Spa, England, within the area known as Silicon Spa where over 3,000 game developers work.
Kwalee is one of the world's fastest growing studios and has rapidly become the largest hyper-casual publisher in the UK. Thanks to hit games including Draw it, Looper, Jetpack Jump, Shootout 3D, Go Fish!, Plank! and Rocket Sky, Kwalee has hundreds of millions of players across the globe, placing us within the top 5 mobile developers worldwide.
The company was founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE - awarded by the Queen, co-founder of Codemasters and comprises of a highly skilled and creative team that has doubled its size in the last year. The team includes many industry veterans and the original creator of the Micro Machines video games (yes, you read well, we have celebrities here!).
As Junior Game Programmer for Playable Ads, you love coding and have a passion for games. You understand design and what a potential player might want to see from our games in order to install them.
What you tell your friends you do
"I convince people to play our games by building super fun and smart playable game experiences"
What you will really be doing
How you will be doing this
- Using C# and Unity as the main technologies in your day to day work.
- Turning Unity builds into playable ads for our games.
- Solving any challenges that might appear on the way.
- You'll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to coordinate efforts and get the best results.
- You'll think creatively and will be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You'll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 60 staff where you'll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important design and technical decisions. You'll work within an extremely experienced and passionate team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games. Skills and requirements
- Some experience as game programmer with C# even if it's in personal projects/game jams.
- Experience with Unity.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge/experience with HTML would be a plus.
- Android / iOS / Amazon or UI experience would be desirable.
- Interest in design and how marketing works in games would be ideal.
- An avid interest in either console or mobile games, preferably both.
- We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that's why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
- In addition to a competitive salary we also contribute to your pension, offer private medical cover and life assurance
- Creative Wednesdays! (Complete freedom to design and make your own games every Wednesday)
- Gym including free membership
- 25 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks
- Monthly employee awards
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.