Kwalee is an expanding, independent mobile games developer and publisher based in the beautiful town of Leamington Spa, England, within the area known as Silicon Spa where over 3,000 game developers work.
Kwalee is one of the world's fastest growing studios and has rapidly become the largest hyper-casual publisher in the UK. Thanks to hit games including Draw it, Looper, Jetpack Jump, Shootout 3D, Go Fish!, Plank! and Rocket Sky, Kwalee has hundreds of millions of players across the globe, placing us within the top 5 mobile developers worldwide.
The company was founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE - awarded by the Queen, co-founder of Codemasters and comprises of a highly skilled and creative team that has doubled its size in the last year. The team includes many industry veterans and the original creator of the Micro Machines video games (yes, you read well, we have celebrities here!).
As a Junior Finance Analyst you will be analysing key financial data and supporting the finance department to ensure the company can grow rapidly.
What you tell your friends you do
"I'm the spreadsheet wizard that provides important insights to help drive the business forward"
What you will really be doing
How you will be doing this
- Analysing important financial KPIs
- Revenue and cost of sales reconciliations
- Preparing year end tax claims e.g VGTR, R&D, etc
- Ad-hoc reports e.g competitor analysis, profit reports
- Provide general support to the finance department
- Assisting with the preparation of financial reports
- You'll be part of an agile and creative team and work closely with them to coordinate efforts and get the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You'll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it.
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 60 staff where you'll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You'll work within an extremely experienced and passionate team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games. Skills and requirements
- At least 1 year of experience as either an Accounts or Finance Assistant
- Strong Excel skills - vlookups, sumifs, pivot tables, etc
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Dynamic, highly organised, with strong attention to detail
- Studies towards a finance qualification (AAT, ACCA, ACA, CIMA) or fully qualification would be a plus
- Ideally passion for games
- We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that's why we have a generous royalties scheme
- In addition to a competitive salary we also contribute to your pension, offer private medical cover and life assurance
- Study support for finance qualifications
- Creative Wednesdays ! (Complete freedom to design and make your own games every Wednesday)
- Gym including free membership
- 25 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
- Monthly employee awards
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.