- MUST HAVE 5+ YEARS GAMES INDUSTRY QA TESTING
- Well known studio name with worldwide presence
- Great benefits including hybrid work model ( 3 days onsite 2 days work from home)
- 22% bonus
- Extra day leave per month
- Gym members & private health insurance subsidy
Your role includes managing a team of skilled QA Testers in an embedded QA, agile development environment and overseeing the creation, management, and monitoring of the tasks for your team to ensure clear communication to all relevant stakeholders. This is a great opportunity to combine your love for premium games with expert knowledge of QA processes to lead the team to deliver amazing work that hits our upcoming schedule of titles.
What you'll be doing
- Managing the QA team and coordinating test plans across the studio's multiple projects.
- Coordinating QA with external test teams.
- Reviewing and maintaining the Bug Database for critical path issues, keeping it up to date and useful.
- Creating QA reports that contain critical path failure charts and details of the failures to improve our long term production standards.
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with studio leadership, multiple interdisciplinary teams, departments and company stakeholders.
- Developing the QA team in the studio to be an integral part of the production process.
- Coordinating the testing of games in development for multiple platforms.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of QA training, testing tools, plans, and supporting documentation.
- Maintain a quality standard of work across all projects and offer input and direction to improve the products produced within studio.
- You will be actively involved with assisting management to perform annual performance reviews of QA.
- You are required to raise warnings/concerns with management of any issues within projects (or with individual team members) within the studio so that any issues can be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Research and promote the idea of research within the studio for new and innovative technologies that help directly with the Quality Assurance of projects within the studio.
- Responsible for the mentoring and development of any new/junior/intern QA.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Game/Software Development or related degree, or corresponding experience in software development/quality assurance.
Minimum 2 years (or at least 2 released multi-platform games) in a senior or lead level role within QA.
- Strong familiarity with software project management methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, etc.).
- Experience with project management process and software (e.g. Jira, Hansoft).
- Previous experience leading team projects with milestone deliverable tracking, status reports, and signoffs.
- Experience planning and managing project work for both internal and external QA teams.
- Experience with game and software development tools/languages/processes (e.g. Maya, C++, Unreal, Perforce, etc.).
- Experience with First Party Submission standards (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Apple, etc.).
- Passion for games and demonstrable understanding of game industry and gaming trends.
- Strong knowledge and experience with one or more of the following network or server testing, test automation and tools, live services or content submission process.
- 3+ released, multi-platform game titles in a leadership role within QA.
- Software Project Management certifications (e.g. Project Management Professional, Agile Certified Scrum Master).
- Experience with programming languages such as C++, C#, or Python.
Feel free to contact me anytime for full studio & job details
Conkerberry Recruitment for Games
+61 (0)427 690 971