Cloud Imperium is looking for a skilled and talented Gameplay Programmer to work on our exciting PC space combat sim. The Gameplay Programmer will work in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment to implement game features and systems.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Design and implement well-engineered, reliable, scalable, and maintainable code for existing and new gameplay features
- Follow best practices, development processes, documentation, and coding standards
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art software engineering methods, practices, and technologies
- Understand requirements from design and work with Senior/Lead programmers to develop solid solutions, systems and features
- Reviewing other programmers' code as required
- 3+ years' experience programming game features and systems, especially player- visible game features
- Strong knowledge of C++ programming language
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with matrices, trigonometry and linear algebra
- Multiplayer networking and multi-threaded programming experience
- A passion for making and playing games
- Good English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Potential for occasional overseas travel to visit our other studios
- One or more shipped products, especially PC products
- Large code base development experience
- Online game and/or MMO development experience, including client/server development of game features
- First person combat development experience
- Passion for science fiction and space exploration
This position is offered at our Wilmslow Studio by Cloud Imperium Games Ltd.