Art and Animation
Permanent | Full Time
Cloud Imperium Games is seeking a Gameplay Capture Artist to join our Marketing Cinematics team in the Wilmslow, UK Studio!
Cloud Imperium Games is a fast-paced video gaming company on the cutting edge of technology developing two AAA titles: Star Citizen and Squadron 42. We release linear content to our growing fan base - cinematic and gameplay trailers, commercials, high-end serialized documentaries, behind-the-scenes recurring series, live-stream Q&A with our developers, and other experimental content.
The Gameplay Capture Artist will be responsible for the creative and technical work to prep, direct, and capture advanced gameplay moments and concepts while establishing fresh visual tones for Star Citizen. Informed by our Marketing and Development teams, your mission will be to show off the world of Star Citizen to its full potential. The ideal candidate is a person with a strong passion for storytelling in film development with an exceptional creative eye; one who can take ownership and direction to create a wide range of compelling video content. This position will be matrixed into the Global Video Production team while reporting to the Marketing Cinematics Lead.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Design and capture game footage in a fast-paced, teamwork-based work (and game) environment
- Organize and direct multi-player game capture sessions
- Work with technologies involved with a game in development
- Work in a cross-functional team to learn the ins-and-outs of new content and collaborate with project leads
- Present new game features and mechanics to players from a studied perspective
- 2+ years of experience capturing footage from AAA games
- Advanced understanding of applying cinematic filming techniques to game capture such as framing, camera moves, DOF, lens choice, etc.
- Able to take direction as well as learn and implement new processes
- Able to work in an environment with rapid project turnaround and frequent priority shifts
- Demonstrate creative problem-solving skills through innovative concepts, designs, and ideas
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to QC your own work
- Striving for constant improvement and growth within an iterative process
- Good team player, organized and able to meet deadlines
- Interest in video games and cinematics
- Patience (shots will require multiple takes until you get the right one)
- General knowledge of Game Development and Tools used in Production
- Understanding of the editorial process
- Basic understanding of JIRA, Confluence, Excel, Sharepoint, or task-tracking and documentation software
- Star Citizen familiarity and experience
- An interest in video games and the game development process
- Knowledge of game engine workflows
- Frame IO, JIRA, and/or Confluence knowledge
Note: Please include the link to your portfolio when submitting your application.
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don't think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply - we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.
Keep Calm and waka waka...