At Tag we understand the desire to be part of something amazing - not least because we are in the fortunate position of working with great Clients who trust us with some of the biggest IP's in their genre. We are now looking to grow our code team so if helping us to craft brilliant player experiences sounds appealing then we might just have the role for you!
We are looking for two talented and passionate Programmers with great attention to detail. You will be joining our friendly and supportive multi-disciplinary teams, and working directly with developers within other studios owned by our Clients. We are looking for someone who can bring a wealth of knowledge and creativity but who also wants to learn, grow and be challenged by the work they do every day.
If this sounds like you then apply today!
- Experience in developing at least one title in one or more of these languages: C#, C++ or Objective-C.
- Your code should be well written, reliable and robust.
- The ability to collaborate across disciplines, from Production, Design and Business Intelligence, to Art, QA and UI/UX.
- A good understanding of the complete product development cycle.
- The ability to work proactively with coworkers across the company (and with Clients where necessary) to engage in creative problem solving.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- A willingness to learn, showing initiative to find the best solution across a wide range of challenges (whether technical or design based).
- Experience using Unity3D or Unreal Engine 4.
- Experience working with mobile platforms and multi-platform projects.
- Experience writing shaders, physics, UI/UX or client/server code in a live game.
Skills and abilities
- Ability to digest design specifications, and implement robust software solutions accordingly (challenging the design team where necessary).
- Ability to work both collaboratively with Artists and Designers, and independently, to deliver high quality features.
- Excellent communication skills, in order to answer technical questions from coworkers.
- Great time and task management, in order to balance quality and timely task delivery.
- An understanding of mobile device architectures and optimization strategies for mobile platforms, as well as profiling bottlenecks in the code base.
Duties and Tasks
- Write clear, concise, and reliable code, using common programming techniques (OOP, data-driven), to implement features passed from design to create exceptional gaming experiences for users.
- Submit new code for code reviews via popular version control applications, as well as participating in reviewing team mates pull requests.
- Collaborate with QA to reduce bug lists in the backlog.
- Participate in discussions with other disciplines in shaping the project life-cycle, and provide input in the technical aspects of feature design.
- Proactively communicate with Production and other coworkers as necessary to ensure that task status is understood and that blockers/risks are identified and managed or mitigated as appropriate.