ZeniMax Media, Inc. @ Rockville, MD, US
ZeniMax Media is seeking a qualified Building Engineer.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Two years related work experience in office or corporate environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism with all staff.
- Must have a strong, dependable work ethic.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to plan and prioritize work orders as they are requested using existing or newly designed tracking systems.
- Good knowledge of methods, tools, materials and equipment to be used in maintaining the sites.
- Able to read construction documents including building plans.
- General understanding of building and life safety codes.
- Ability and skill to exercise sound judgment in quickly evaluating emergency situations and rendering prompt decisions.
- Excellent communication skills, writing skills, interpersonal skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively and relate congenially to vendors and staff.
- Must be able to stand for lengthy periods of time and the ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate a computer in order to share information, process work orders and keep records and files of projects. Ability to use Microsoft Office.
- Willing to work after normal business hours, if necessary, and be available after hours for emergency situations and other company related calls.
- Willing to continue Trade Skills Education to enhance professional level.
- Assures buildings are maintained in a safe, clean, professional, and operationally effective condition.
- Conducts inspections of interior and exterior of buildings for maintenance needs for cosmetic appeal, structural integrity and life safety.
- Perform electrical repairs on items such as switches, outlets, lamps, light ballast
- Perform plumbing work such as cleaning stoppages and replacing fittings.
- Replace broken glass, tile, carpet, screens, garbage disposals, fixtures, appliances, and locks.
- Perform other tasks not requiring a licensed skilled trades person or journeyman.
- Evaluates all equipment and utilities in a manner to promote conservation and energy efficiency.
- Works with contracted vendors to be sure contractual agreements are being met and to address any concerns of poor service.
- Assist in scheduling any special needs of a site with the vendor in order to minimize disruption of daily operations. This would include needs such as interior painting, carpet shampooing, hard floor waxing, etc.
- Assist with Office moves.
- Assists skilled trade workers in one or more areas performing specific or standard duties to learn new skills as required for advancement and certification.
- May be required to utilize basic cleaning and other chemicals.
- May be required to assist with special events.
- May perform snow removal and other grounds keeping activities.