Royal Leamington Spa
Art and Animation
Permanent | Full Time
Playground Games are looking for skilled and experienced Contract Environment Artists, responsible for the creation of immersive environments that realise our game's vision.
As an important member of the team, you'll be responsible for creating consistently high quality environment art and raising the bar for environment content in our titles. You'll work closely with internal stakeholders so the ability to communicate effectively is very important.
You'll have a strong portfolio of work demonstrating natural and/or concept driven landscape artwork, attention to detail and developed skills in 3D software such as 3DS Max and Photoshop. You'll have an understanding of the use of real world reference, scene composition, organic modelling/texturing and terrain sculpting.
- A good knowledge of 3DS Max, Photoshop, and Substance.
- Experience of PBR techniques and materials.
- An understanding of contextual world building.
- Hard surface/organic modelling and texturing skills.
- Strong understanding of the use of real world reference.
- Experience with photogrammetry is an advantage.
- Portfolio containing examples of real world environments is an advantage though not essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world's most exciting games studios, using cutting edge technology to create world class games with an established, highly talented and collaborative team.
Keep Calm and waka waka...