Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America’s largest independent game developers with close to 600 employees and over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company’s games have reached more than 200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead by DaylightTM, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world’s most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney, Netflix, Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, and many more. For more information: bhvr.com.
As part of our Live Operation team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with cross-discipline teams to help us constantly improve our games and our players’ experience. You will actively contribute to the game design and direction by providing the right insights on players’ behaviour and some of the game’s features.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Defining and analyzing key performance indicators such as retention, lifetime value or player acquisition
- Building and maintaining key data sets and dashboards to keep track of the most important metrics of the game
- Developing robust metrics to inform strategy and decision-making
- Designing A/B tests to estimate the effect on key metrics and provide recommendations
- Developing models for predicting players’ behavior
- Developing the right tools and methodologies to make your analyses repeatable and accessible
- Translating complex findings and results into an easy-to-understand and compelling narrative
- Communicating analyses and recommendations to cross functional stakeholders to influence the direction of the business
Some of the problems you could be working on:
- Analysing the impact of our game economy on players
- Assessing if acquired players are more likely to be retained in our games
- Defining who play our games and the evolution of their behaviors
- Finding the right way to bring a huge amount of information to our different stakeholders
- 3+ years in a quantitative analysis role focusing on data mining, predictive analytics, business intelligence and/or machine learning
- Proficiency in SQL and strong experience with Python
- Knowledge of modern data processing technologies (Spark, Parquet, columnar DBs, etc.)
- Knowledge of major cloud providers and their offerings for analytics (EMR, S3, Kinesis, BigQuery, etc.)
- Ability to identify complex business problems and provide our team with sound analytical solutions
- A “business owner” mindset, with an ability to work cross-functionally and a keen interest in strategy and operations
- Ability to define relevant metrics that can influence stakeholders to the appropriate insights
- Ability to build clear and easy-to-understand dashboards and presentations (previous experience using Power BI would be a plus)
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to cross-functional stakeholders at different levels
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Genuine interest for gaming
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and to better games for our users.