Art and Animation
Permanent | Full Time
We are proud to be working with a major name in the games development world who are currently working on a plethora of big title games and projects, which range in art style and subject matter. An opening has arisen for an experienced Character Artist to join their North Eastern team on a permanent basis. The benefits include a Salary up to 40,000K plus benefits.
As an integral Character Artist your responsibilities will include:
• Create high-fidelity in-game characters using Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop and Substance.
• Understand the character being created; their narrative, motivations and gameplay potential and weave that into your work.
• Collaborate with fellow Character Artists to maintain the highest quality throughout development; on budget, on time and in the style.
The ideal person we are looking for will have:
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to work within an established art style.
• Exceptional level of high-polygon character modelling in ZBrush or Mudbox (ZBrush preferred).
• Extensive knowledge of 3D packages such as Maya, 3ds Max (Maya preferred).
• Proven ability across all aspect of character modelling, including anatomical, cloth and hard-surface modelling.
• Excellent Photoshop and Substance Painter texturing skills, targeting physically based rendering.
• Familiarity with the entire real-time character creation pipeline: high-poly sculpting, retopology, UV mapping, texture baking, texture creation, setting up and exporting to game.
• Awareness of the importance of mesh topology, to ensure that character models deform well when animated.
• Experience with PBR and real-time engines.
• Understanding of best working practices in terms of LOD creation and optimisation.
• Excellent communications skills are essential.
• An Art degree or relevant game art course is highly desirable.
• Flair for interpreting concept art, turning character sketches into 3D models that accurately capture the spirit of the concept.
• Adaptable attitude to working across a breadth of art styles, from high-detail realism to cartoon stylisation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a studio with a proven track record of delivering successful AAA titles and to play an important role in our continued success.
Keep Calm and waka waka...