MachineGames @ Uppsala, SE
MachineGames is looking for a talented Backend Programmer to join our team.
Our studio is located in central Uppsala, Sweden which is a small and vibrant city 30 minutes north of Stockholm with a historical heritage reaching back to pre-medieval times.
This is a permanent position starting as soon as possible. We will support your relocation and/or application for work permit if you have a non-EU passport and/or not currently residing in Sweden.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in designing, developing, implementing and supporting services
- Possess a strong technical background and deep knowledge of programming principles, exceptional problem solving, design, programming, and testing skills
- Pragmatic approach to providing software solutions that solve business needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Science, or equivalent work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Guide the technical development of complex backend features
- Write clean, maintainable code that is scalable, reliable, and observable
- Collaborate with producers, programmers and game designers in the day-to-day development of our projects
- Support cloud hosted systems in a 24x7 environment including troubleshooting, hot fixing, and root cause analysis
- Act as technical point of contact for teams working with backend feature development
- Understand and define infrastructure as code to support systems developed
- Experience with game development
- Programming experience in C++
- Working knowledge of persistence solutions at local and cloud scale
- Experience using cloud infrastructure and microservice architecture
- Experience with AWS and containerization strongly desired
- Experience with Unit Testing tools and continuous deploy systems
- Experience with infrastructure as code