We are looking for an experienced Audio Programmer to join our Audio Team in the Hunt: Showdown development team .
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
Back to all jobs Share
- Develop both systemic, high level features as well as specific low level tech.
- Develop audio tools in collaboration with Audio Designers and Programmers.
- Design, implement, and iterate on new and existing audio systems, tools and DSPs.
- Work in C++ with our in-house Engine and third party APIs on multiple projects.
- Advise, review and help making tech reusable for multiple projects and platforms.
- Work in close collaboration with other programmers, designers, artists and testers to craft high quality, scalable solutions.
- A strong passion for digital Audio in dynamic simulations(Games, or others) and intrinsic motivation to always stay up to date with the industry and latest tech.
- Good experience with C++ and writing maintainable, platform independent code.
- A good grasp on the physical foundations of Sound and Acoustics and how they translate to a digital environment.
- Experience with the low-level workings of Wwise, Fmod and JUCE.
- Good experience in debugging audio applications and algorithms from high level features to specific DSP routines.
- Background or strong interest in mathematical foundations of sound and DSP and their algorithmic implementations.
- Experience with Performance-implications of new and existing features in a multithreaded/multiplatform production environment.
- Some Experience and understanding for Designer's approaches and requirements in Engines, Middlewares and DAWs.
What you can expect from us Home Office
- Experience with digital filter implementations.
- Experience with DAWs. (Nuendo, Reaper, Ableton)
- Experience with localization.
- Experience with programming standalone tools using QT or JUCE.
Work-life balance is not just a hollow term for us. At Crytek, we offer you the option to either work from home or in our studio. Career Path
Your professional development is important to us, so we have laid out a career plan to help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Company Apartment
To help you get settled, we provide you with a fully furnished company apartment during your first three months in Frankfurt.* Relocation Support
We offer a relocation budget and full coverage of flights to Frankfurt for you and your family.
You can expect extensive assistance with visa, work permits, and communication with authorities during the relocation process, as well as help settling into Germany (e.g. setting up appointments with banks, government agencies, schools, landlords, finding apartments etc.).* Public Transport Pass
Discover Frankfurt by bus, tram and metro - free of charge.* Gym Card
A healthy body is a healthy mind. We offer a membership at the premium gym chain Fitness First in Germany. Work out, join group fitness classes, or relax in the wellness facilities.International Environment
We truly embody diversity at Crytek. With employees from over 42 different countries, we define ourselves by our cultural diversity. German Classes
Understanding the local culture will make your stay abroad more enjoyable, and Crytek supports that by offering German language courses for you and your family. Vacation Days
At our Frankfurt office you can enjoy 24 days of vacation per year, and every 2 years you get 1 more (up to a maximum of 28 days). You will also have on average 10 public holidays on top of the days you take off. If you are working from another country, local standards apply.
*only applicable to employees in Frankfurt.