Cloud Imperium Games is looking for an Associate Producer to join us in our Los Angeles studio!
Would you like to be a part of a team making video game history? The international studio Cloud Imperium Games under the direction of Chris Roberts, creator of Wing Commander, is seeking an accomplished and experienced Associate Producer to join the Los Angeles team.
The Associate Producer will help deliver the requirements for the cutting edge development of the record breaking crowd-funded project, space-simulation FPS MMO "Star Citizen" and the action-packed cinematic story campaign game "Squadron 42" with its star-studded cast including Mark Hamill, Gillian Anderson, John Rhys-Davies, and Mark Strong (to name just a few...).
- Serve as a driving force for "Star Citizen" and "Squadron 42", facilitating communication, organization, and accountability across primarily the Narrative Team but also other teams as needed, and reporting to the Senior Producer
- Create, track and manage tasks to ensure that schedules are maintained and adjusted accordingly for all up-coming releases and deadlines
- Compile and send out regular reports on team progress and accomplishments
- Identify, communicate and resolve any risks that may prevent the team from completing any deadlines
- Schedule and attend meetings; set agendas; take concise and comprehensive notes and distribute them to appropriate personnel
- Serve as custodian of team health and foster a culture of success
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities assigned by Cloud Imperium reasonably consistent with the employee's skills and experience
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in video game production
- Experience on at least one game project from start to finish
- Ample knowledge of project management methodologies (scrum, Kanban, waterfall, etc.)
- Some experience with standard project management development tools (Jira, Shotgun, MS Project, MS Office, etc.)
- Unsurpassed verbal and written communication (over communicator)
- Must have excellent task-tracking organization
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative; willing to assume responsibility
- Excellent problem solver and relationship building skills (locally & internationally)
- Must be willing to work in Los Angeles, CA and to work with different time zones
- Skilled in risk assessment, management and scheduling
- International travel may be required as a part of this role
- Previous experience working with writing or narrative teams
- A college degree
- Production or Project Management certifications including PSM, PSK, CAPM, etc.
- Previous work experience in QA, design, engineering, or art disciplines
- Knowledge of space simulations, FPS games, and MMOs
- Knowledge of Perforce and build systems
- Proficiency with Jira and Confluence
- Proficiency with Shotgun Software
- Experience with maintaining a live product
- Passion for sci-fi games and space simulations
- Previous experience with the CryENGINE.
This position is offered at our Los Angeles Studio by Cloud Imperium Games LLC.
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don't think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply - we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.