Cloud Imperium Games is looking for Associate Outsource Character Artist to join our team!
This candidate will collaborate with the Senior Outsource Character Artist and outsource vendors to develop celebrity characters, creatures, and armor for Star Citizen. In this role they will create AAA quality characters for use in gameplay, cinematics, and marketing materials.
This person will be working at the cutting-edge of development for the record-breaking crowd-funded project, space-simulation FPS MMO "Star Citizen" and the action-packed cinematic story campaign "Squadron 42" with its star-studded cast including Mark Hamill, Gillian Anderson, John Rhys-Davies, and Mark Strong (to name just a few).
- Process incoming outsource asset reviews and deliver feedback
- Create examples, documentation and technical specifications for the vendor
- Ensure that deliveries are reviewed and actioned in time as per contractual obligations
- Ability to collaborate effectively with the Production, Art Leads, Art Directors, and Outsource manager
- Keep quality control with pre-set quality bars on all deliverables
- Texture assets received from the Outsource vendors
- Collaborate with the Art Director and Concept Artists to set the visual style and quality bar
- Build clean topology with high consideration for animation
- Give and receive feedback from Concept and other Character Artists
- and such other duties and responsibilities assigned by Cloud Imperium Games reasonably consistent with employee's skills and experience
- 1-2 years shipped game title experience or degree in VFX/game artist industry
- Ability to understand and negotiate art deliveries
- Great, all-around communicator
- A results oriented, ownership mentality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be willing to work in Los Angeles, California and to work closely with different time zones
- International travel may be required as part of the role
- Experience with X-gen
- Passion for games
This position is offered at our Los Angeles Studio by Cloud Imperium Games LLC.
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don't think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply - we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.