Art Toronto, Ontario
Would you like to work on some of the biggest franchises in gaming? Certain Affinity, the largest independent video game developer in Austin, Texas, is opening a location in Toronto, Canada and we’re looking for exceptionally talented people to join us. Our Toronto studio will collaborate with our Austin location, and together we’ll be co-developing AAA FPS games and creating our own compelling new IP.
As an Associate Environment Artist, you’ll be part of a team creating highly detailed world assets. You’ll have opportunities to set the quality bar for our internal team by creating and visually perfecting an environment by fine-tuning all elements, including skybox, set dressing, materials, composition, and lighting.
- Work with Senior Artists to craft and integrate world assets, terrain, and materials using the UE4 engine
- Work with concept artists in designing and iterating on various aspects of an environment
- Work with level design to ensure that world art enhances gameplay
- Environment-focused portfolio showcasing “hero-quality” hard surface and/or organic assets
- Your portfolio must show examples of environmental storytelling and composition. Be prepared to discuss your composition choices
- Strong foundation knowledge in traditional arts, including but not limited to graphic design or illustration, color theory, life drawing, environmental and/or architectural design, illustration or similar
- Experience using development tools and techniques for real-time games
- Experience using MAX and/or Maya, Z-Brush, Substance Designer, Substance Painter
- Experience using game engines or middleware such as Unreal, Radiant, Source Engine, etc.
- Basic understanding of performance constraints
- Ability to grasp technical information and processes quickly
- Must be punctual, diligent, articulate, and organized
- Efficiently manages time constraints and multiple priorities
- Can improvise without a specific concept or design
- Must be comfortable creating outstanding Art using highly complex tools and pipelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Art or related field
- Shipped 1 or more AAA title as an environment artist