Production Austin, Texas
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity is an exclusive, independent Austin developer comprised of a tightly-knit group of experienced, no-nonsense veterans committed to solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
Certain Affinity is looking for a talented individual to join our production team. The Producers at Certain Affinity guide teams to deliver high-quality results aligned with the studio’s goals while promoting an open and collaborative environment.
This person will be responsible for working with the Studio Design Director to help deliver design features and content on time and to a level of quality that will thrill our clients and our players. We’re looking for someone who can assist with communication and coordination across the Design team, including our Austin and Toronto offices and our external development partners, help identify and track cross-functional workflow-dependencies and risks, and generally help the design team achieve their development goals. If this sounds like you, we look forward to seeing your resume!
- Help ensure smooth development processes by acting as a conduit of communication between departments and providing support to the Design team in a variety of different capacities
- Work closely with the Design team and design leads, keeping them informed of any issues or needs and helping remove roadblocks
- Help facilitate communication between our Design team and our development and publishing partners
- Work directly with the Studio Design Director to support priorities as needed
- Help support scheduling needs, take meeting notes and publish to team
- Help track feature requests
- Assist and participate in scrum/schedule management
- Combat inertia, act as a force to keep moving things forward
- Continually evaluate, document, and iterate to improve design, production, and development processes
- Prepare and facilitate communications of project process, changes, and issues to upper management, game developers, and other related internal departments
- Help ensure that Design team members have the resources, information, and direction they need to succeed
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in game production or software development-related project management function with good design instincts
- Managed one or more functional responsibilities for a game as directed by a Producer, ensuring all product goals related to that function are met on a timely basis
- Worked with console or PC development
- Familiarity with traditional project management methodologies, mainly how to manage various disciplines with client-driven milestones
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- A sense of urgency and a desire to get things done
- Ability to juggle many tasks at once
- Able to work effectively in both individual and team environments
- Basic working knowledge of 3D graphics, game development technologies, and broad knowledge of the games industry
- A related college degree preferred
- Intense passion for video games
- Proficiency with Jira, Confluence, and Shotgun Software
- Previous experience with Unreal
- Knowledge of FPS AAA games and FTP online games
Certain Affinity offers relocation for this position to Austin, Texas where we make it all happen.