How do you fancy joining a 150-strong, established team, working on a range of cross platform AAA titles?
You'll be based in the heart of the UK's Capital City; a stones throw from Big Ben, Westminster, The Shard, all the iconic landmarks. You can take a stroll to see The Queen at Buckingham Palace on your lunch break or enjoy a picnic in Covent Garden, if you fancy a relaxed one. You're bound to be pretty chilled at your new company, however. Think pub outings, game jams, board game nights, an onsite chef, a whole lot of hanging out with your new work pals.
As the Art Director, you will be responsible for the style and visual quality of the upcoming games. You will be a master of the creative process with a good head for design whilst working closely with productions needs/timelines - ensuring the right tasks are tackling the in the right order. This is a great opportunity to jump in and get involved with a game from the very beginning, watching the project and Junior members of the team flourish under your guidance.
- You will foster good working practices and a positive working environment within your team.
- You will assist Craft Art Leads and sometimes directly line-manage members of the art team, ensuring they are best capable of fulfilling their commitments and are suitably informed through regular interaction and excellent documentation.
- You will use your considerable expertise and experience to guide the wider art team to develop a strong visual identity during pre-production, answering the game design and business ambitions.
- You will work with the Studio Art Director in establishing a game’s art direction and steward the vision through development stages, marketing art and live operations via Style Guides, in-depth documentation and ongoing communication.
- You will assist the Production Team/Leads in scheduling sprints and/or entire projects.
- You will continually look for opportunities to innovate and improve the visual quality and game play experience - collaborating/pushing/leading artists - and all game team disciplines where necessary - to ensure the project delivers an exemplary and memorable game vision that captures and delights our players.
- You will identify and raise any risks or issues as you find them to the Leads/Studio Art Director or Leadership Team.
- You will represent the Game Art Team and Game Vision internally and externally as needed.
- Experience in estimating/scheduling (ideally within an agile environment)
- Excellent organisational mind
- Skilled in one or more of the craft areas - knowledgeable in all
- Excellent communication skills and a positive demeanour
- Ability to understand business and product needs and ability to decipher and adhere to existing IP styles
- Excellent sensitivity and understanding of game narrative
- Able to ideate and empathise with player personas
- Able to propose art styles that suit the game narrative and design, stretch the technology and appeal to the target audience
- Experience on multiple games and ability to work across varied art styles
- Keeps up to date with visual trends in entertainment - able to reference popular and obscure cultural IP...not just games