Lost Boys Interactive, a AAA Game Development firm based in Madison WI, And Austin TX, (or remote!) is looking for some great people to join us on our island, where we make amazing AAA games! If you feel like the job below sounds like you, apply today to find out why it’s great to work with us!
We are looking for Gameplay Programmers to join our team! If you have prior experience programming in a AAA Studio, or have 3 or more years of professional experience working with the Unreal Engine and C++, We'd like to meet you! At Lost Boys Interactive, we only work on AAA games. We are working on FPS, MMO, Survival, and Sports titles. And you'll love our culture!
This job can be located in Madison Wi, Austin TX, or remote from anywhere in the US.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develops gameplay features by designing, planning and implementing software solutions.
- Determines the viability of a feature by researching implementation strategies pertaining to the engine or platform (UE4/5, custom engine, etc.).
- Communicates clearly and effectively with across the departments that comprise the team (lead programmer, production, design, and art)
- Identifies and estimates specific tasks to achieve project goals
- Performs tasks as prioritized/assigned by their lead in the estimated time.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, diagrams, code comments and clear code.
- Tests written features to insure product stability
- Reviews code written by team members to insure knowledge sharing and consistent coding standards.
- Protects Lost Boys Interactive by keeping information confidential.
- Installs and configures a working environment following documented procedures where applicable.
- A passion for developing next gen games!
- Proficiency in C++ and object-oriented programming - At least 3 years of professional experience
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience with game engines such as Unreal Engine 4. At least 3 years of professional experience.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience with network (multiplayer) programming
- Ability to visualize 3D domains and solutions
- Good foundation of 3D math concepts and algorithms
- High interest in and motivation to learn new technologies, languages, engines, algorithms or platform technologies
- Ability to offer technical expertise, solution architecture guidance and limited mentoring (answering questions, offering advice, guidance) to more junior developers on same or related projects.
- Ability to communicate well and work across departments in a professional manner
- The desire to work with a great team on some exciting AAA games!
You’ll be delighted with our people, our culture, and the amazing games you’ll be working on. Come join our merry band and apply today!
Lost Boys Interactive LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We're Sorry, but we are unable to sponsor any visas at this time.