#GamesJobs - Lockwood Publishing Nottingham UK
Lockwood Publishing, Developer & Publisher of social games on iOS, Android, and Amazon Kindle; are hiring a Senior Programmer, Producer and UI Programmer for their Nottingham UK studio.
Initially recognised for their content produced for PlayStation Home, 2016 has seen Lockwood making very confident progress towards securing a bright future for the studio:
- Noted growth hacker and marketing guru Oliver Kern has moved to a more hands-on role
- The studio recently announced the opening of a second, VR & AI focused office in Brighton
- And they have successfully taken their virtual world Avakin Life to mobile (over 18 million mostly organic downloads across iOS, Android and Amazon – now set for explosive growth)!
As a company on the up they are in a great position to offer excellent career prospects to highly motivated, talented and ambitious individuals who are driven to succeed. Does that sound like you?
Top three job opportunities right now are:
Senior Programmer https://www.gamesjobsdirect.com/jobs/5255915/programmer-senior-mobile.asp
- Play an important role in the continued success of virtual world game Avakin Life
- Write clear, reliable and maintainable code for cross-platform games
- Take responsibility for the features implemented
- Coordinate and facilitate work between multiple departments; manage relationships with external partners and contractors.
- Ensure project planning is carried out to both a high and consistent standard (experience of working with Scrum and Agile required)
- Draw up release notes; assist with the maintenance of app store descriptions and images
UI Programmer https://www.gamesjobsdirect.com/jobs/5251542/ui-programmer.asp
- Liaising with the game design and art teams in order to understand UI requirements.
- Implementing easy to use, reliable and consistent in game UI.
- Assisting with the definition and implementation of UI A/B tests.
Reasons to Join Lockwood Publishing
In a recent PocketGamer interview discussing recruitment CEO Halli Bjornsson revealed the studio is “offering the chance to work on a successful and fun product with a great team of highly motivated and talented people where some of the tech projects are pretty cutting edge. According to a recent survey, our staff appreciate our startup mentality, which means besides the high responsibility of each individual, they have the opportunity to have a voice and to make a difference in a live service every day.”
Company Benefits Include:
- An extremely competitive monthly bonus scheme which puts 50% of the monthly incremental gain in profits into the bonus pot
- Flexible working subject to core-hours attendance (10-4pm)
- Staff social outings
- Pension or Gym membership available
- Share options available
Get applying now for your chance to join this amazing team!!!