We are looking for people who have excelled in the field of computer programming to join our fast-paced team, with successful candidates being proficient in all aspects of programming and looking to take on technical challenges. We're keen to develop people's passions and, as a studio of over 300 people, we offer lots of chances to progress your career and advance within the studio.
Jagex is most well-known for the record-breaking game Runescape but we have many other exciting projects ongoing including bringing Runescape to mobile, developing a brand new MMO amongst other top secret and exciting things.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with ambition and initiative to join a fast-paced online games company and face some exciting challenges based around online gaming. We are open to candidates from a games background or a related industry.
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
The Tools Developer is a Software Engineer responsible for the delivery of desktop and pipeline tools used for mainstream game production on the world leading MMORPG's RuneScape and Old School RuneScape. Tooling covers a broad range of disciplines including Modelling, Animation, Map Editing, Audio, Interface and Scripting.
- Design, implementation and test of core Development Tool features.
- Troubleshooting and resolving daily tools development issues.
- Requirements gathering from content developers by way of meeting, email and chat.
- L iaise with the Lead Tool Developer to plan and execute the Tools Development Roadmap.
- Adhere to and maintain, high software development standards.
WHAT WE NEED
- Degree level academic qualification or equivalent experience.
- Proficient with one or more of the following Languages: Java, C#, C/C++.
- Games industry experience, ideally in a tools development environment.
EVEN BETTER IF
- Knowledge of modern game development techniques.
- Experience with rendering APIs such as OpenGL, Direct-X.
- Demonstrated industry experience in a tools development environment.
- Takes ownership of key tools or software development discipline.
- Experience in mentoring junior software developers.
- Actively involved in defining and regulating software development practices.
WHAT WE OFFER
If you join us you can expect a competitive salary and great benefits like fully paid for gym membership, bonus entitlement, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day. We also have GREAT coffee machines, an onsite canteen and pub and an in-studio cinema! Expect regular team events as well as EPIC company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch.