Wargaming Sydney is seeking a passionate Senior Game Designer to join our world-class team and deliver fresh experiences for players. Our projects offer development challenges across a wide spectrum, presenting unique opportunities for developers from all backgrounds.
Being a Game Designer at Wargaming Sydney doesn't mean we just design games. We have to understand the experience we want to create for players, and then design the game features or changes required to bring this experience into reality. From prototyping new concepts to balancing gameplay, designing systems or crafting groundbreaking mechanics, your work will have the potential to inspire gamers and future designers for years to come. Comprehensive design sensibilities, problem-solving, agile execution, and considered communication are our tools of the trade as we strive to bring new experiences to our audience.
Creative Team Lead.
What will you do?
- Actively work as part of a team, collaborating with all disciplines to gather input to craft the best concepts and realise compelling gameplay experiences.
- Champion the vision of an idea, bringing clarity to the teams as to what the goals are and why.
- Craft design documentation for presentation to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Thrive in an environment that values rapid prototyping and pitching, you will be generating ideas while recognising that great ideas can come from anyone, with a professional maturity to let go of the ideas that don't make it.
- Bring hands on experience to the role and not shy away from getting stuck in, to craft prototypes and refine gameplay experiences, getting to the essence of why a mechanic is fun and memorable.
- Embody an agile mindset, understanding the need for iterative design and being adept at breaking down high level design concepts into achievable goals based on core value.
What are we looking for?
- A seasoned game designer; with around 5+ years of professional working experience tackling a variety of problems, design tools and game engines.
- A design virtuoso; you concisely articulate game concepts, analysing and ruminating mechanics with balance; you're fluent in many prevalent game systems and mechanics but have the critical thinking skills to know when it's time to try something more out of the box.
- A strong communicator; your verbal and written communications are precise and unambiguous; your best work comes from collaboration and teamwork and you believe that excellence comes from dynamic communication throughout the design process.
- A natural mentor; you can motivate and support other designers, guiding them towards success.
- A gamer; you are passionate about games with a wide breadth of game knowledge that you've enjoyed, and you easily identify and explain a game's strengths and weaknesses.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience with Unreal.
- Experience working with vehicle-based combat.
- A background of proven mentorship.
- Having worked with multiple studios across timezones.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!