Wargaming Sydney is looking for a Senior Technical Artist to join our talented team of game creators as they embark in creating the next big free-to-play PC title from Wargaming, the company that brought us World of Tanks and one of the strongest free-to-play PC game companies in the world.
You are a strange mixture of Artist and Coder, a Warrior Poet of sorts, you will take ownership of the Art tools and pipelines as we build our next game using Unreal Engine 4. You will possess excellent verbal and written skills as you will be the bridge between Art and Engineering disciplines, and help provide communication and cohesion between all groups.
In this position you will be working within a multidisciplinary team of developers in a global community and will have the ability to both share your hard-earned knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
Creative Team Lead.
What will you do?
- Research, define, extend, and maintain production pipelines, processes, and workflows to realize the artistic vision
- Create efficient materials/shaders to be used across multiple game assets
- Actively drive framerate and memory optimisation, by any means necessary
- Establish content specs to achieve visual target while optimizing for target platforms
- Assist with the management/integration of all art assets, ability to get your hands dirty and lend a hand with content creation
- Mentor and guide team members in areas of expertise; instil best practices
- Be the bridge between creative and engineering
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years of experience as a senior/lead technical artist
- Experienced with Unreal Engine (UE4), C++ and Blueprints. Additionally scripting skills such as MEL, Python, etc are desirable
- Experience in analytics and optimization best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Buckets of enthusiasm and self-motivation, and ability to motivate others and love of making games
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!