We're looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our fun, talented and multinational team that helps Wargaming studios deliver great online gaming experiences to millions of players.
By joining our team you will have the opportunity to work directly on features with game studios located around the world, to help support their games that are in production or still in development. These games are played by millions of people around the world!
The position is based in Sydney and reports to Director of Engineering.
What will you do?
- Work on our next generation server back-end, a distributed processing software architecture that can handle millions of concurrent players in an online world.
- Drive force in ensuring the team operates efficiently, improve the processes or clearing blockers.
What are we looking for?
What additional skills will help you stand out:
- Team leadership experience in an agile environment.
- C++ skills- proven record of writing high performing, stable and easy to maintain code.
- Experience and passion for server-side architectures and back-end stack development.
- Problem solving skills- find the ways to overcome problems, ideally before they even become real problems.
- Collaboration- development is a team effort that goes beyond lines of code.
- Pro-activity and communication skills. You don't hesitate to speak up and let people know what you are thinking, but you know how to take a back seat and let others talk.
- Curiosity in the world around you. You value continuously developing your skills and knowledge, and inspire others around you to do the same.
- Keen interest for Machine Learning.
- Unreal / Unity / Android / iOS platform development experience, in fact the more platforms the better.
- MMO engine or production game development experience.
- Linux / Unix server environment experience.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.